Any luck in PA yet? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Field Collecting/Observing

Notices

Field Collecting/Observing Sightings of herps in the wild, where-tos and how-tos, as well as photos of herps in their native environment.

Old 04-18-2006, 10:48 PM   #11
dirty_harry
ok, so i went easter "snake" hunting, and again, I didn't find any snakes, but I found a BUTTLOAD of salamaders! Its better than nothing and it definitely has me psyched about the upcoming weather!!!

Old 04-24-2006, 06:12 PM   #12
TrpnBils
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsharrah
We have a small stream behind our home here in Indiana, PA which is typically infested with wood turtles and snappers throughout the spring and summer. This weekend I took a stroll out back and saw one wood turtle basking along the bank but not for very long after it saw me.

This weekend should be very nice considering they are calling for snow showers this week. I am hoping to get back there with my wife's camera.

Bart
Are you around the Yellow Creek area? That's the only place around our way that I've heard of wood turtles on a regular basis.

Old 04-24-2006, 11:00 PM   #13
mmitstif
I found a hole in the southern facing bank behind my place of work(Williamsport Pa.) that had 8 garter snakes laying around it.I've been checking on them each day and it seems they all live in there.Soon as they see ya they all bail in.On a sad note,there was one particularly green(and I mean LIME GREEN) individual that I found dead in front of the hole.Looks like a bird was pecking at it's head.We have alot of crows around there.

Old 04-28-2006, 07:35 AM   #14
bsharrah
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrpnBils: Are you around the Yellow Creek area? That's the only place around our way that I've heard of wood turtles on a regular basis.
I am about 7 miles north of Yellow Creek State Park. We just moved here last year and were pleasantly surprised by the number of Wood Turtles and Snapping Turtles that congregate in the same small stretch of water directly behind our home. So far this year I have not seen any snappers yet and only seem to keep seeing the same wood turtle.

Bart

Old 05-03-2006, 06:01 PM   #15
mmitstif
Found this yesterday....

A nice female blackrat found crossing the sesquahanna river while I was fishing.
Attached Images

Old 05-09-2006, 04:17 PM   #16
norsmis
You actually found this girl swimming! How cool is that? Awesome find!

Old 05-09-2006, 05:00 PM   #17
TrpnBils
I found this smooth green yesterday up around Erie. I also found redbellies, garters, and browns last week at the same site. I'm still looking for ringnecks there!

Old 05-09-2006, 06:27 PM   #18
dirty_harry
awesome!!!! one of my friends just told me that he has "tons of snakes" out behind his house, and on Saturday we found a snake eating a small mouth bass... i don't know what the heck the snake was, i've never seen anything like it, and i can't figure it out... i'll post some pics later!

Old 05-15-2006, 01:00 AM   #19
boz8883
Central PA

Hey. I'm in State College and I'm looking for some Rat Snakes and Norther Water Snakes. Anyone have any ideas on where to find them? I went out today for a few hours and only found a few turtles and frogs. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!