For Sale assorted silkworms for sale! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Feed and Feeders For Sale/Wanted

Notices

Old 07-16-2010, 09:26 PM   #1
ladysilkworm
assorted silkworms for sale!

Hello!

ALRIGHT PRICE BREAK!! Since some of you think it is pricey. No problem.

100 large with 25% overcount assorted whites, including White Seductress (pure whites) Mask Face and Zebra for $20 shipped anywhere 48 states.

I am different from other suppliers because I readily dispense information on the rearing process. I raise my silkworms on leaves and find them to be healthier than using chows. They do not stink (due to chow) and they are shipped with leaves in a large container instead of a deli cup. They have food to eat along the way and the leaves do not get moldy. They will get to your place bigger than when they were shipped. Chow has the risk of letting out too much humidity and can potentially kill off your silks during delivery.

Add bag of leaves for $1. Leaves store in the fridge for 5-7 days.

I keep the shipping costs down for my customers because I use leaves, not chow. One half pound of chow can bump the shipping cost by $4+ to California! With leaves, there is no waste of food either because the silkworms pick them clean! Instead of raising feeders, they become like pets to my customers!! Great introduction to silkworm for people who have never raised them before! See my fan page for testimonials!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...a=4&ajaxpipe=1

please paypal to ladysilkworm@gmail.com

Ship Mon/Tues/Wed.

Live guarantee, but must send photo within 1 hr. Delivery confirmation. USPS.

Thank you.

www.ladysilkworm.com
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 07-16-2010, 10:41 PM   #2
JoeysHerps0105
can you email me at JoeysHerps0105@gmail.com? I'm real interested in a few hundred

Old 07-17-2010, 06:17 PM   #3
ladysilkworm
That is 125 silkworms for $20 shipped.
  Contact User Check User
Old 07-18-2010, 11:53 PM   #4
ladysilkworm
bump!
  Contact User Check User
Old 07-19-2010, 12:12 AM   #5
crazytailreptiles
if i was to order worms, how big would they be *what is large sized??* and if i ordered your bag of leaves (and then after a matter of days the leaves die off) and they are no good, what leaves can i feed the worms? or what food to keep my worms alive? could i be able to breed them if there a mixes of breeds?

Old 07-19-2010, 01:22 AM   #6
ladysilkworm
hi Heather,

The large size in general, classified by mulberry and coastal are one inch and larger. Typically, they come in 1.5 inches.. and at 2 inches they are jumbos.

They eat only mulberry leaves. However, because you are feeding off the silkworms, the bag of leaves will be enough to last you just about 5 days. I never had an issue with customer running out of leaves, but one customer said he had leaves left over after he fed off the silkworms.

The point of me providing leaves is so that you have the following advn:

1. lower shipping cost. Chows are heavy!
2. find a tree nearby!!
3. Sustain the silkworms for one week, grow and feed. If you didnt order food, the worms will die very quickly, and they really cannot be refrigerated. In fact, without food, they get dehydrated and shrink..

4. yes you can breed them. Although I never cross breed pure blacks with the whites. Other suppliers provide them in assorted whites. I am trying to separate them out. But my current batch IS assorted, meaning, they are a whole bunch of mask face, pure whites and zebras.

5. to get them to cocoon, they eat around the clock for the last few days.. if starved, they can cocoon, but their size is reduced and may not even emerge...

I hope that answers all your questions, so far?
You are in IA? I have customers with trees on their property.
  Contact User Check User
Old 07-19-2010, 01:23 AM   #7
ladysilkworm
if the leaves get dried up, you can actually soak them in water and reconstitute them.. the worms will eat them that way. Just mist them and put them away in a sealed bag, they can last more than a week that way.
  Contact User Check User
Old 07-19-2010, 01:27 AM   #8
crazytailreptiles
yes am in Iowa, and we have a mulberry tree, but am unsure if its the right kind for them.

Old 07-19-2010, 09:53 AM   #9
ladysilkworm
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazytailreptiles View Post
yes am in Iowa, and we have a mulberry tree, but am unsure if its the right kind for them.
oh, any mulberry tree works. THey are not picking at all!

I have the 250 silkworms shipped for $30 and that comes with a cocooning kit. It solves a lot of your questions simply by looking at it
  Contact User Check User
Old 07-19-2010, 02:13 PM   #10
ladysilkworm
Please go to my fan page for more info ...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Flu...=13&ajaxpipe=1
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!