have you guy's seen this? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-23-2012, 02:04 PM   #31
DNA Dragons
It would not.shock.me if you experience the same abnormalities when crossing any two recessive mutations in bearded dragons, not just hypo and translucent. It is more likely the way the bearded dragons inherits the genes. I don't think it has anything to do with the one single mutation. Have you done much with hypo and silverback without trans?

Old 02-23-2012, 09:08 PM   #32
pdragon
So far I haven't seen anything similar from mixing just silverback and hypo, witblits and hypo, or witblits, silverback, and hypo. Something with the transluscent gene makes these oddities when combined to other recessive mutations.

Josh

Old 02-23-2012, 10:12 PM   #33
pdragon
Sorry, I screwed up my last sentence. Something to do with mixing the transluscent and hypo genes makes these oddities(sorry, I had a long day). The "creamsicle" and "clown" dragons(attached pics) both have trans, hypo, and silverback mixed in. I haven't seen the same result with just trans x silverback, or hypo x silverback. I did 2 breedings last year of visual hypo het silverback x het witblits. None of the offspring out of all the clutches turned into anything unusual. I have a couple male triple het(witblits, hypo, and trans) that are unusual looking, almost like they are trying to turn patternless like witblits. It's very similar to what I am seeing with the "creamsicle" female.

Josh
Attached Images

Old 02-23-2012, 11:20 PM   #34
Snake-Queen
Those are some very interesting dragons.

Old 06-14-2012, 10:27 PM   #35
Beardielove
no thats deffinitly a bad shed. not a pied! =/ sorry to kill your hopes! =/

Old 06-15-2012, 11:33 PM   #36
OEdwards
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardielove View Post
no thats deffinitly a bad shed. not a pied! =/ sorry to kill your hopes! =/
I am sorry but it seems to me that these are lagitament dragons I do not see this as a bad shed SORRY TO KILL YOUR HOPES BUT I HATE PEOPLE THAT ACT LIKE KNOW IT ALLS AND ARE NOT EVEN BEARDED DRAGON BREEDERS A LOT OF YOU PEOPLE COME ON HERE AND MAKE THESE COMMENTS AND HAVE NO HISTORY IN DRAGONS OR EVEN FAIL TO RESEARCH ANYTHING ABOUT IT!!! I am a nice person but I hate it when people come on here and say things like this!!! I am happy for this breeder.

Old 06-16-2012, 12:18 AM   #37
Snake-Queen
I would like to see some updated pics from the OP, to see how they look now.

Old 06-16-2012, 12:34 AM   #38
mikepanzarella
Quote:
Originally Posted by OEdwards View Post
I am sorry but it seems to me that these are lagitament dragons I do not see this as a bad shed SORRY TO KILL YOUR HOPES BUT I HATE PEOPLE THAT ACT LIKE KNOW IT ALLS AND ARE NOT EVEN BEARDED DRAGON BREEDERS A LOT OF YOU PEOPLE COME ON HERE AND MAKE THESE COMMENTS AND HAVE NO HISTORY IN DRAGONS OR EVEN FAIL TO RESEARCH ANYTHING ABOUT IT!!! I am a nice person but I hate it when people come on here and say things like this!!! I am happy for this breeder.

Old 06-16-2012, 09:43 AM   #39
OEdwards
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepanzarella View Post
Thank you!

Old 07-03-2012, 09:50 AM   #40
zztrent
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdragon View Post
I totally agree At some point we will see a true pied. I bet that once we see a true leucistic, a pied will shortly follow(or vise versa), being that the two genetics are very similar.

I don't know why I didn't add these to the list of trans related oddities. These black spots are also paradox. I have been seeing more of this from people than anything else. There is also red spotting too.

Josh
That's a beauty mark, You should start a new line called "Marilyn Mornoe" and sell them lol.
You defiantly have some great looking beardies, can't wait to see them progress.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!