snakes - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-21-2006, 01:02 PM   #1
snakesandstuff
snakes

what would be the first aid procedure for an egyptian false cobra bite?

Old 11-21-2006, 11:41 PM   #2
Double "D" Reptiles
not totally certain...but

I believe that these are rear-fanged, mildly venomous like North American species such as garters, ribbons, water snakes and hog-nosed. If you're allergic to bee stings and such then seek ER treatment. Otherwise, if no problems arise, then treat like a basic colubrid bite and wash with antibiotic soap, dry and bandage if needed. Anyone, please correct me if I'm off track.

David

Old 12-03-2006, 11:22 AM   #3
marshall_p
Wow, now I've heard that the "Hognose" are "rear-fanged" & mildly venemous but I didn't know that water snakes, ribbons, & garters fell into that category, that's some info I honestly didn't know, it makes sense though if you've ever seen a garter eat, frogs & fish for example tend to act calmly after a few minutes of being grabbed by a garter, thanx for the info, I really didn't know that! Marshall P..

Old 12-08-2006, 12:32 AM   #4
PJ FF
A friend of mine here locally had one. I would watch it eat and observe that the fangs are actually under the eyes. They are positions in a area where a fast bite could and will give out venom and pain. When he eats, he bites the rat pup and then leaves with out the rat. The rat will DIE in about 5 minutes from the venom. Yeah it may be a baby rat but 5 minutes is still kinda fast. There venom is very under estimated and can cause alot of swelling and pain.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!