Buying a Boa - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
 Sponsors   Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds  Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 

Do you want to be able to bump and highlight your classified ads? Click here!

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-28-2011, 11:41 PM   #1
bokbok
Buying a Boa

im currently trying to buy a teardrop red tail boa but i dont know what a good price would be, can someone give me some info
She is a 8 to 9ft long Red Tail Boa with a tear drop under her one eye. She is approx 4 yrs old and very tame. She eat dead rats. She is very healthy and beautifully colored.
Must sell as we do not have the time for her.
She comes complete with large home, heat rock, lights. Here home is about 6ft long, 4 ft tall and 3 ft wide. Has a closed off dark area with opening door and sliding locking glass.

Old 04-29-2011, 12:06 AM   #2
bear
The "teardrop" marking is most likely just a random aberrant marking. Pics would definitely help though... If it is just a normal adult female boa, they go for 100-200 or so.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:14 PM   #3
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokbok View Post
im currently trying to buy a teardrop red tail boa but i dont know what a good price would be, can someone give me some info
She is a 8 to 9ft long Red Tail Boa with a tear drop under her one eye. She is approx 4 yrs old and very tame. She eat dead rats. She is very healthy and beautifully colored.
Must sell as we do not have the time for her.
She comes complete with large home, heat rock, lights. Here home is about 6ft long, 4 ft tall and 3 ft wide. Has a closed off dark area with opening door and sliding locking glass.
So these are the things that come with her?

I'd be concerned a little myself. If her warmth was a heat rock and lights, then she hasn't been properly cared for IMO. Heat rocks can cook vital organs on Boas. Some get pretty darn hot. So depending on her health, (we'll assume it's good) and if the above items are included, you might have to fork out a little more then $200. I imagine that big of a cage wasn't cheap to build, seeing as I've built several over the years.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:22 PM   #4
Metachrosis
Red Deer Alberta Canada is a good distance from Texas

Old 04-29-2011, 08:38 PM   #5
bear
The number I had sated would be an estimate just for the boa, I could not place an estimated value on a cage of unknown quality or if it is even suitable for the boa since the person is using heat rocks etc... I agree with Richard though, The care sounds a tad suspect.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!