Buyer Beware of Steve Ori Forgotten Realm - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 11:07 AM   #21
A Forgotten Realm
It never ceaces to amaze me how so many people can make a judgement about a person which might affect his and his children's livelihood based on the story of one individual, with an agenda, that is completly unknown to them. It was asked if I was informed about this thread, I was not. This individual never mentioned that he picked out an animal (M3), he agreed with the price of $450.00 and sent me his shipping address. He changed his mind after I required $40.00 shipping fee, but first held up all other buyers asking for more pics of the babies, parents and references which I gladly sent. I turned down two possible buyers interested in the same animal. A deposit on a new clutch is to guarantee your place in line to pick an animal. That deposit is then transfered to the price of the animal selected. I posted a pic of two animals with my original add and both of these were available to him. If he didn't have the money for the additional shipping and explained this to me I would have worked with him on it. As it is he put me through alot of work, pissed off other buyers, and cost me sales. One of my depositers wife wrote me and asked if I could let them pay on time ($20.00 a month) because they had a baby on the way. I told her that was no problem. It surprises me that no one on this board was willing to investigate the many other positive posts by my customers over the years and just throw out an opinion based on what one person has said. If any of you aren't just interested in gossip and want to investigate further you can email me and I'll send you a list of references with most of the well known breeders on it that I either know or have done business with in the past. I used to post on my adds that the guarantee was toward an animal and how it was represented. If you felt that the animal you purchased was not as represented I would take it back and refund your money no questions asked. I've never had one person ask for their money back on any animal I've ever sold. I guess I've gotten lazy over time and just hit the signature button.

Drew, if you'd like to continue this nonsesce I will be glad to post all of your emails to this board. We both know how you'll look if I do that.

I would be more than happy to hear the opinion of other breeders on this matter. After all this man has done I wouldn't be surprised if quite a number of these opinions were from friends of his.

Sincerely,
Steve Ori
A Forgotten Realm

Old 04-28-2003, 11:56 AM   #22
Rob Hill/Geckos Anonymous
Good to see you post, Steve.

It is always nice to get BOTH sides of the story here as opposed to one side. Unfortunately, in many situations we are only presented with one side, and have to base our opinions on just that side.

I stated that I felt that if Drew's presentation was accurate, then yes, I feel he would be owed a refund. But you have now presented a different side and everyone here can now make a more informed opinion of you and your business, as well as a more informed opinion regarding Drew's part in this.

If you have copies of all the e-mails between Drew and yourself concerning this transaction and the terms you guys had worked out, please post them here so we can get a more balanced view of the events in question.

Old 04-28-2003, 12:25 PM   #23
Darin Chappell
Steve,

I think you'll find that most (if not all) of the people posting on this thread have never met Drew in any way. They were simply going by what he stated in his thread. If memory serves, the very first post in response to his initial statments was based on Drew telling the truth. That caveat has been maintained throughout, as far as I can see.

However, now that you've posted, please continue. Post those emails, and give the full account. That is the only way that the BOI really works, and when it does, it has been my experience that the proper adjectives (good, bad, or indifferent) are assorted out to the correct parties involved.

Old 04-28-2003, 12:55 PM   #24
The BoidSmith
Steve,

I agree with what was posted above. Here is the first sentence in my initial post:

Quote:
..."By the way you describe it it seems a refund is of order...
My apologies if you feel my opinion was somewhat not objective before hearing your side.

With some exceptions I usually think people are being truthfull when posting their experiences.

I agree that it would be useful if you post the e-mail exchange between both of you.

Regards.

Old 04-28-2003, 02:29 PM   #25
Wilomn
I'm jumping on the bandwagon too. I said in my post that "if indeed the above is true", in reference to what he said about you refunding his money if there was no striper that met his needs. Please post all the emails you have and if we've been lied to here you will some opinions change. Put please do post your side of things.

Wes Pollock

Old 04-28-2003, 06:49 PM   #26
A Forgotten Realm
Hello everyone. I have to be honest with you, I had begun to think that this site had become a gossip column. But from the responces I see from my post I have to apoligze. As far as posting the emails, I've left that up to Drew. I'm not looking to embarase or degrade him. If he wants to drop it now I have no problem. I'm an old hippy from So. Cal born in the early 50's and have no desire for vendetta. If he would like to keep this going then I would ask someones advice on how to post all of the emails. I keep all emails till I'm sure the customer is happy with his animal, then I erase them. I've posted nothing here that I can't back up with emails from Drew. Like I said before, if the only problem is that he doesn't have the money for shipping I will gladly give him the M3 that he picked and work with him on the shipping fee. No problem. I feel this is mostly a misunderstanding and I'd rather not see anybody's reputation hurt. I await his decision.
Sincerely,
Steve Ori
A Forgotten Realm

Old 04-28-2003, 06:54 PM   #27
sputnik
STEVE

Good to see the other side of the story is emerging ... steve, you should be able to copy and paste them into your posts here!

Old 04-28-2003, 07:02 PM   #28
Da_Ru
Please Steve, Post all my e mails.

Quote:
It was asked if I was informed about this thread, I was not.
Drew,
As with all companies if we can't supply you get
your money back. As you asked " If there are no more
reverse stripes can I get my money back". Well there
are more reverse stripes, you just don't want to pay
for them. If you want to take it to the BOI well
that's up to you.

Do you remember this e mail.

The reason I want a refund is because I dont think the m3 male is worth 450. It was not because I dont want to pay shipping. When I first put a deposit down was for a good represtation of a reverse stripe. You did not show me any pics I was just going by your judgement. M3 hardly has a reverse stripe. If you would check your e mail more often than once a week I did change my mind in a 1 week time so you wouldnt loose any customers wanting that male. Here are some pics so people can judge and please post all my e mails. I got nothing to hide.

Here is M3 450

and here is M2

Old 04-28-2003, 07:19 PM   #29
Da_Ru
Please Steve, Post all my e mails.

Quote:
It was asked if I was informed about this thread, I was not.
Drew,
As with all companies if we can't supply you get
your money back. As you asked " If there are no more
reverse stripes can I get my money back". Well there
are more reverse stripes, you just don't want to pay
for them. If you want to take it to the BOI well
that's up to you.

Do you remember this e mail.

The reason I want a refund is because I dont think the m3 male is worth 450. It was not because I dont want to pay shipping. When I first put a deposit down was for a good represtation of a reverse stripe. You did not show me any pics I was just going by your judgement. M3 hardly has a reverse stripe. If you would check your e mail more often than once a week I did change my mind in a 1 week time so you wouldnt loose any customers wanting that male. Here are some pics so people can judge and please post all my e mails. I got nothing to hide.

Here is M3 450

and here is M2

Old 04-28-2003, 07:25 PM   #30
The BoidSmith
We can probably have a better idea of what was said once Steve posts the e-mails. In the meantine, and for those that are not much into boas, here is another picture of a reverse stripe posted by Juan Infante a while ago. Hopefully it will load.

Regards.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread