Inquiry Chameleon cans (KS) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-12-2013, 06:23 PM   #1
qdude46
Question Chameleon cans (KS)

I've come across the website chameleon cans and I felt like it was to good to be true. I know some other posts on here rep said it was a great company but I found it weird that they had cb outstalets and cb melleri which is extremely uncommon. I'm just hoping someone could give me their two cents on whether or not I should consider buying a cb baby pygmy chameleon. Thanks for looking!

Old 11-12-2013, 06:24 PM   #2
qdude46
Name: Quinn bosselman

Old 12-01-2013, 07:51 PM   #3
Nobrate
I personally have seen his stuff in KC, I'm pretty sure he just lists them as CB, unless it's a panther or a veiled most of his stuff looks pretty dumpy at shows. As in scaring, dehydrated, beat up... ect... He used to go by Chris van Aken Here's another persons experience http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ght=chris+aken

Old 12-01-2013, 08:08 PM   #4
ChameleonCans
We have worked really hard to get a positive reputation with Chameleon Cans. Without a doubt that thread was a horrible experience for us and the other party. There aren't words or actions that can fix that experience for either party. We have several positive threads under "Chameleon Cans" and "Chris Van Aken." We have learned from our mistakes and are sure we can provide positive experiences. Take the time to read everything about us and if you'd like to use our company we would be glad to have your business.

Old 12-02-2013, 12:14 AM   #5
LauraB
So, yes or no ... you have CB Outstalet's (Furcifer oustaleti) and Meller's (Chamaeleo melleri)?

Scientific tags there only to be sure we are on the same page. So, yes or no?

Quote:
I'm just hoping someone could give me their two cents on whether or not I should consider buying a cb baby pygmy chameleon.
No, unless you already have experience keeping chams and know exactly what husbandry is required for pygmy's .

I speak only from my years of keeping various locales (both montane and tropical; Meller's included). I've never purchased from Chameleon Cans, nor have I anything personally against them.

Old 12-02-2013, 06:20 AM   #6
ChameleonCans
In 2013, we produced both. Do we currently have any? No. In 2014, we will have both but we will focus more on Oustaleti than any other chameleon. We will hatch various clutches from our 2013 projects but over the next year switch our focus to Oustaleti. They are an amazing creature.

Old 12-02-2013, 08:20 AM   #7
hhmoore
So, how many accounts do you have here, Mr Van Aken...and why did you create this one instead of using one of those?

Old 12-02-2013, 08:35 AM   #8
ChameleonCans
I set up this account after purchasing the website, www.chameleoncans.com. It made more sense to keep it uniform and to use a business name versus a personal name. Chameleon Cans is a new life for us. I can't change the past but I'll strive to do my best in the present and future.

Old 12-02-2013, 08:48 AM   #9
hhmoore
Not how it works here - I'll be PMing you momentarily

Old 12-02-2013, 08:52 AM   #10
ChameleonCans
Ok, thank you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!