Barry Lambert - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-08-2003, 08:01 PM   #1
joenleah
Thumbs down Barry Lambert

Quote:
Deleted - failure to post full name.

Old 06-09-2003, 09:41 PM   #2
Clay Davenport
My experience with Barry

I purchased a pair of Indian Star tortoises form Barry probably 3 months ago. They arrived very healthy, with good weight, and no mites. Barry was easy to deal with, and had patience when USPS took a couple extra days to get the money order to him.
I would have no problem buying from him again.

Based only on your side of the transaction, I would say that the resolution offered is not acceptable. No matter where a snake comes from the person selling it takes responsibility for it.
If health reasons are the reason for the return, then the buyer should be out nothing at all, not even return shipping. The reason is a snake with mites or other health problems should not have been shipped to begin with.

However, Barry needs to have the opportunity to tell his side of the situation before any conclusions can be drawn. I had an excellent experience buying from Barry, and would buy from him again should he have something I needed. Before we know the whole deal with your emerald we need Barry's side of it as well.
I don't say that just because I had a good deal with him, the same consideration must be given to anyone receiving a negative post on the BOI.

Old 06-09-2003, 11:30 PM   #3
Herpnut
Tell the whole story Joe.

It is true that the Emerald was a partners, but I took full responisibility for that animal since I was the one that posted it. I offered you a full refund at any point in time and even gave you an extra week so that you could take it to the vet and get it checked out. If the vet gave you bad news, I still offered to refund your money. As for paypal and shipping. That money is not refundable. I don't get neither of those monies back. Should you have talked with me after the vet and discussed things with me more, I probably would have refuned the shipping. You chose to use paypal and pay the 3%. I'm not going to refund that. That was on you. I told you I would hold the animal if you wanted to send a money order. The fact that I gave you close to 10 days to make up your mind was more than fair. You never even called me or emailed me that weds night or thursday after the vet meeting to let me know what happened. Now you just want to bitch and moan and say I screwed you. I told you on the phone that I was embarrassed about the mites and reflects poorly on me and that's what I get for getting involved with an animal that I had little contact with. It is YOU who is not playing fair now and never contacted me. In short, I never refused a refund and you never contacted me after the vet meeting. What happened? Did the vet tell you how to remedy some mites and the animal is eating like a champ with no problems? Sounds to me like your just bitter about paying the price I wanted since you said your daughter HAD TO HAVE this animal. I didn't force you Joe. You didn't have to buy it and I offered a refund.....Too bad it couldn't have been resolved a better way.

Barry Lambert

Old 06-09-2003, 11:46 PM   #4
Bobby Douglass
I'm not drawing any conclusions on this one until more of the story comes out. I agree with Clay though, that the buyer shouldn't be out anything if he was sent a misrepresented animal. Isn't it illegal to charge more to use Pay Pal anyway?

Old 06-10-2003, 12:40 AM   #5
herpcondo
juat a word Joe

hey Joe,,,
Just a word,, please use your full name in the Boi or your post will be deleted,,,,( saw you were new and thought I might pass that little tid bit along to you)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!