Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!* - Page 162 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-06-2012, 01:50 AM   #1611
VexalUntil
I don't care how the accused resolve or not resolve the IBD issue, (though I really think posting any test results would help the case of being made to look like they're dodging the issue and shifting blame or attention) but I just wanted to resolve my end of my dealings with the Caspillos. Ryan informed me that Ashley was going to attempt to sell my cages so we setup a convenient time for me to pick the cages up. I rented a truck and retrived my four 6ft AP cages, four 4ft AP cages, their wooden dollies, and some other miscellaneous electrical equipment (timers, power strip, flexwatt). Ryan seriously helped me out getting my property back to me, talking to the police and backing up my claims to the cages.

Those items were stored in a storage unit from to 26 June 2012. The cages were given one hard core scrub downs with strong bleach solution and left in the sun to dry and disinfect further. All other equipment (including my cordless drill and other items I brought with me to disassemble the cages) were sprayed with lysol and left to set in the storage unit for about a month. I waited a couple weeks then scrubbed the cages down again with strong bleach and left again in the sun to dry/disinfect. The cages were left for another week then transported to my place on 26 June, where the 4ft cages were setup in my bedroom away from the majority of my collection (which is in the dinning room and a room off my living room) and sprayed with strong chlorhexidine solution and left to sit. The 6fts are broken down and stored in my closet where they will remain for a while. If anyone saw my post on FB, I said I setup a 6ft cage to split my Bredl's that was a leftover cage that I brought with me from FL that has never been in the Caspillo's possession.

If anyone has further questions for me about my quarantine procedures, cleaning, or whatever else, please contact me via email (sales@ghostfishherps.com) since I hardly check Fauna.

Old 07-06-2012, 02:03 AM   #1612
VexalUntil
Quote:
Those items were stored in a storage unit from to 26 June 2012.
The dates are 22 May 2012 to 26 June 2012.

Old 07-06-2012, 12:41 PM   #1613
Skinker
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc625 View Post
I never sold a snake nor can you find one person that bought a snake from me, I could give two bout the reptile industry. As far as I'm concerned, I hope you all contract IBD in your collection. Keep up the comments and make us all smile little lady.
Is not caring why you've decided to self destruct? It sure sounds like you care to me, enough to start throwing insults and trying your best to get people revved. Seems like a poor attempt at altering the subject since the subject is, more or less, Ashley's TERRIBLE ethics. I highly doubt, after reading either you or your wife's posts, that anybody takes you seriously anymore. Feel free to crawl back into the hole in which you've been hiding but rest assured that as a community our memory is long and you will be outed again and again when you re-emerge to sell animals. The saddest part of this whole thread is not that you've destroyed your reputation(little that you care and less that we do) but that only 108,205 people have viewed it so far...You're done.

Old 07-08-2012, 09:33 AM   #1614
KyleZ
Ok, so I've lurked this thread since it's inception, mostly out of morbid curiosity as to how this saga would unravel. I've been passive witness to it from the very beginning... Late 2008! I haven't felt the need to post here unless I could provide any potentially useful input, which is today, in response to:

Quote:
1) 3) I am not going to be posting any results of any tests (yes i found them by the way) because even though those test results show negative, that doesn't do you any good when you have ONE test result come back at a later time showing you have a snake that is considered to be a "carrier of IBD"... Yes, Ashley had a snake that was deemed a "carrier" and did not show any symptoms. Once she found this out, she got rid of it immediately, but it doesn't help the fact that this snake was her VERY FIRST snake now does it?
Quote:
I saw the question, you just don't wanna know the answer secrets don't all come out at once.
That snake was called "Aurora." A pet shop boa that was soon co-habbed with various other impulse / craigslist snakes in glass aquariums (links to follow below).

I have been a member of redtailboa.net for some years now, and it is worth noting that rtb.net was the first forum that Ms. Ashley King / Caspillo joined when she entered the hobby. She never hesitated to incriminate herself (and annoy the community at large) by posting every mundane detail about her life on that forum continuously for about 2 years, from her ethically bankrupt animal husbandry and trade practices, questionable financing of her "collection," and spotty/dramatic personal life. Most pertinent to this thread, her acquiring snakes from various origins, absolute lack of quarantine (and warnings thereof), and constant mite infestation from the outset. Many of us recognized from the very beginning that things would not turn out well for this 'aspiring breeder,' but as goes most things in life, lessons sadly get learned the hard way.

Anyhow, here is where it all started:

http://redtailboa.net/forums/check-c...irl-block.html

Soon to be followed by:

http://redtailboa.net/forums/boas/51127-im-getting.html

http://redtailboa.net/forums/boas/51...ected-but.html

and

http://redtailboa.net/forums/boas/51...more-boas.html

http://redtailboa.net/forums/boas/51...abies-duw.html

and of course, right on cue, MITES!

http://redtailboa.net/forums/boas/51...gonna-cry.html

All of these threads are literally just the very tip of the iceberg, as one can imagine. All of these posts were made within the first 2 months of the first snake she acquired, and she was chided and warned about shoddy quarantine by various members from the very outset.

If my memory serves me correctly, little more research may uncover the fate of that original, apparently IBD-carrying boa (according to Mr. Caspillo himself), and I'll post if I can dig it up. I feel bad for any and all people and animals who did any sort of business with these two, for all of the shady dealings that were had, needless suffering of animals, mite infestations and illnesses that were spread, etc, etc. However, let this whole debacle stand as an example of why one should do their diligent homework on snake "vendors" before purchasing, let alone trusting and partnering with other hobbyists one meets on the interwebs.

Old 07-10-2012, 11:08 PM   #1615
rc625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinker View Post
Is not caring why you've decided to self destruct? It sure sounds like you care to me, enough to start throwing insults and trying your best to get people revved. Seems like a poor attempt at altering the subject since the subject is, more or less, Ashley's TERRIBLE ethics. I highly doubt, after reading either you or your wife's posts, that anybody takes you seriously anymore. Feel free to crawl back into the hole in which you've been hiding but rest assured that as a community our memory is long and you will be outed again and again when you re-emerge to sell animals. The saddest part of this whole thread is not that you've destroyed your reputation(little that you care and less that we do) but that only 108,205 people have viewed it so far...You're done.
Once again, I do not breed/sell/etc snakes. Please find me one person to come forward to say they have bought something off of ME PERSONALLY. I have never posted any "for sale" signs, nor emailed anyone regarding a snake that " I was selling. " Only time I contacted someone was when I was trying to refund money to those that bought the Bolivians but only one person wanted the money.

Reptile "reputation" to me means nothing as it was never my hobby

Old 07-10-2012, 11:29 PM   #1616
jbayles78
I can't understand how Mr. Caspillo could have started Casper Constrictors with his wife and claim to have never sold a snake. You where trying to help build a reputable business with your wife but it failed horribly. I can't believe you show no concern for what your wife has done and may still be doing. I would stand behind my wife against anyone. You sure where worried about money whenever that is involved. Why start a reptile business and hate reptiles?

Old 07-10-2012, 11:43 PM   #1617
Skinker
Quote:
Once again, I do not breed/sell/etc snakes. Please find me one person to come forward to say they have bought something off of ME PERSONALLY. I have never posted any "for sale" signs, nor emailed anyone regarding a snake that " I was selling. " Only time I contacted someone was when I was trying to refund money to those that bought the Bolivians but only one person wanted the money.

Reptile "reputation" to me means nothing as it was never my hobby
If I were a douche I'd at least own up to it, color it how you may.

Old 07-11-2012, 12:23 AM   #1618
DavidBeard
And to think.....these spineless cowards are involved in the US military. GREAT.

Old 07-11-2012, 12:44 AM   #1619
AbsoluteApril
let's all avoid the name calling por favor

Old 07-11-2012, 09:19 AM   #1620
KyleZ
Being 'around' when Ashley first began acquiring snakes, reading her forum posts, it was obvious to many of us what her intentions were from the very start. Constantly compulsively buying up morphs, bragging about how much tax-return / disability money she could sink into them, then bragging about how much her investment would return her either by breeding in the near future or flipping the animals for profit. It was the classic "hey lets get rich off snake morphs!!11!!1" scheme. I think most intelligent and responsible hobbyists know how that inevitably turns out. It was never about the welfare of the animals or ethics in any trade, in any sense (her self-admitted actions continually prove this).

Now Ashley and Ryan are apparently on the outs in their relationship, so Ryan is seeing this all as humorous, coming in and flaming up the thread, dropping a few bombs here and there, then laughing as he irks everyone by shirking all responsibility to the ugly situation he and his wife have built over the past 2 years. To his credit, I do believe it was his wife who led the way and really did the damage, Ryan was her enabler, providing finances, agreeing to turning their home into an abusive, infected snake hoarding operation; being led around to push the baby stroller at the shows, act as her barking chihuahua every now and then. I'm sure he was always re-assured along the way by his lovely wife that they were "gonna git rich off these suckers!" He is very young, and hopefully he's learned some major lessons off all this.

Now, obviously everything has fallen apart, every dealing they have done with anyone in the hobby has turned out acrimonious, cheated or at least very shady, and various snakes have lost their lives (often in horrible ways, i.e. healthy retic in a cooler during a drunken party). Ashley is effectively blacklisted or at least shunned by all but the nastiest or most ignorant characters in most public reptile forums and shows. We hear once in a while that she pops up at shows or tries to do hidden deals with unknowing victims, and this is unfortunate, yet hopefully her finances won't allow her to continue this tornado of ugly drama on the reptile hobby.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ibd