Good Guy Underground Reptiles - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-14-2011, 07:27 PM   #11
Get Sum
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletKing View Post
Yeah, that's right, I said it. Anyone can put positive feedback on their website and make it seem like they are the bomb.

I called last week to inquire with some specific questions regarding is "$1.00" green anole add he keeps posting on kingsnake.com (I breed Scarlet Kings). The guy was totally uniterested in helping (I suppose if you don't spend $500.00 or more you're not important), refuses to return calls and won't answer e-mails. "Just shoot me an email" he told me. Well I have, more than once.

You can get some people, but the ones who've been at this for a time that aren't your buddies have a responsibilty to call you out.

If you are going to discriminate against someone, you better have a damn good reason for doing so.
"Da Bomb", "Call you Out", "Discriminate" What are you talking about? Are you actually posting a bad guy statement on the BOI because you have not recieved a returned email?

I have not purchased animals from them, but I do stop by the store from time to time and purchase dry goods, cages ect..

I think they run a very professional store. Their customer service is outstanding.

I think you need to relax and slow yo roll G-

Old 12-14-2011, 07:34 PM   #12
VinnyButch
Thumbs up For What It's Worth

I've purchased from Underground Reptiles and have nothing but good things to say about their customer service and the animal I recieved. I would recommend them to anyone.
Both telephone calls and emails were answered timely and respectfully.

Very good people in my book.

Just my opinion.

Vinny Buccigrossi

Old 12-14-2011, 10:34 PM   #13
jlexotics
Your not going to get anything but great reviews out of me regarding Underground. Been dealing with Ryan G. for years and will continue to do so. Lots of respect! Keep it up Ry!!!

Old 12-15-2011, 09:04 PM   #14
ScarletKing
Whatever...

People are going to do what the want. But when a dealer tells you something on the phone (not just in emails like the bozo above said -read carefully) and doesn't follow through over a week's time, either on the phone or in an email, then they are not professional.

If you think they are, then go for it; every situation is different, but don't try to understand another's when you don't know the facts.

When you post and add over and over again, day after day, on a special you have on kingsnake.com and then don't respond to messages about it from those interested in it, then what would you call it?

I call it bad business in the least.

Old 01-10-2012, 12:03 AM   #15
TortinMN
I haven't purchased an animal yet (to cold to ship here to Minnesota) but the e-mails I sent them they responded ASAP, and answered all my questions. I will be buying a couple fat tail geckos and hopefully some Russian Tortoises if they have them when it warms up!

Old 09-13-2012, 10:48 AM   #16
mikeyv1230
Exclamation WATER MONITOR DRAMA

I recently moved to Gainesville, Florida for school, and was in the market for a water monitor, but did not know the reptile scene here. I chose to follow a friends advice and order offline. I chose Underground Reptiles because they seemed to have pretty good reviews with a complaint here and there. Underground claimed their stock consists of healthy, "captive-bred" lizards. The package arrived on time, at around noon on Sept. 12, 2012. Although, the monitor was skinny and also has a respiratory infection. I immediately called there store and spoke with a friendly man who told me he personally picked out one of their healthiest males for me, which means their stock is shit, if the one i received is considered "healthy."
He then put his boss, Ryan, on the phone. I received an extended warantee for as long as I needed, which is reasonable, as long as I provided adequate housing and kept them informed about the monitor's health. He lives in a 55 gal with a basking temp of around 120 and an ambient at 85. Still need a hygrometer, but humidity is probably between 60-80%.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't medical attention required to cure this respiratory infection? I did not ask, but I doubt Ryan would also pay for the lizard's medical expenses. My roommate and I also own other reptiles (tegus, redtail boa, blood python, savannah monitor), which are now being put in jeopardy.
I found this local pet store, Pangaea reptiles, that is awesome, with a knowledgeable staff, and very healthy animals. Ben (I believe his name was Ben) the manager, seemed to know about Underground's reptiles operation and informed me that the water monitor in my house came overseas from a factory that used monitors for leather. This is not what I consider "captive bred," even if the egg was hatched in a factory. I was also informed that underground's owner had already been charged for smuggling animals. Pangaea also mentioned the impressiveness of underground's operation. They did not only bash Underground, like I would expect a competitor to do.
This now means that Underground has my money, and if this, or when, this monitor dies, my only option is to receive another wild monitor, that may have parasites or a number of other ailments, that wont necessarily effect it with the first few weeks of ownership. I still haven't personally asked if Underground would so a money return or if it would have to be in store credit. I was told from Pangaea that it would only be store credit.
I would love any feedback. Maybe I had been misinformed about something? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #17
UndergroundReptiles
Michael, not only did we offer you the opportunity to keep the animal with an indefinite warranty but we also offered for you to send the animal back for a refund or a replacement(Which we offered to pay shipping for ofcourse). We also offered you a discount on any future order as well to make up for this experience. What more would you like me to do? When we spoke you seemed to be very receptive to these options. This animal was sold as a Farm Bred animal, which while better than wild caught can still be known to have unforeseen issues. This is the reason we stand by our guarantee and were also happy to take care of you as we did. If you were unhappy with the situation or wanted us to do something more why did you not inform us and instead post your complaint here? As far as the allegations that these monitors came from a place that use them for leather, I am truly unaware of such activites. These animals are from Bushmaster stock which has one of the best reputations when it comes to providing quality farm bred animals from Indonesia. The water monitors we have listed for sale are clearly marked as farm bred animals in our ads. I understand that some folks do not agree with the sales of wild caught or farm bred animals and truly that is a discussion for another forumn and time. In the future if you have concern or question over where we aquire our animals and you are dissatisfied with our service just let us know and we will be more than happy to work with you and make sure your experience with our company is a good one.

Ryan Borkan

Old 09-13-2012, 05:16 PM   #18
mikeyv1230
Red face APOLOGIES

My last post seemed to come some what out of ignorance. I believed my water monitor to be captive-bred, and for a low price at that, but was in turn farm-bred. That being said, the price was still considerably good, and I was the one who took the risk by ordering a farm-bred animal. Although no one wants a sick animal, the store did practically guarantee me a water monitor that would make it through adolescence, as well as discounts. I talked to Ryan on the phone after i had posted my last reply in school, and he, of course, was upset with me to say the least. He explained how a phone call would of eliminated the need for the majority of my post, which is true. Also stating the difference between his company and another is that he will actually make me a guarantee, which really leaves me nothing to complain about (as long as my other pets do not contract any ailments). I may have gone a bit overboard there.
So what did I learn from this? KNOW FOR SURE WHAT YOU ARE BUYING OR JUST CALL!!! VERY SIMPLE PROCESS!!!!
That being said, I will still do business with underground in the near future, as long as he still wants mine

Old 09-13-2012, 05:37 PM   #19
reticguy76
Your other animals should be free and clear, assuming you practice proper quarantine habits and procedure.

Its amazing if people would just take the time and communicate with other person/people in the transaction, at least 90% of the time, resolution is met by all parties, instead of jumping the gun and coming here.

Old 09-13-2012, 05:48 PM   #20
mikeyv1230
Quote:
Originally Posted by reticguy76 View Post
Your other animals should be free and clear, assuming you practice proper quarantine habits and procedure.

Its amazing if people would just take the time and communicate with other person/people in the transaction, at least 90% of the time, resolution is met by all parties, instead of jumping the gun and coming here.
I said lesson learned, guy. lol
But yeah, you are absolutely right.
I have to water monitors cage set up at the other end of my house in my living room, with all other reptiles in their own bed room. And there will be no physical contact between the monitor and I. That should suffice, right?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!