Bad Guy Allen R. Both Reptile Kingdom - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-01-2014, 08:15 AM   #11
Ktoboll
Not the first time this has happend,I too went thru a bad transaction with him at havre de grace md.purchased a super Mohave female with mites and other infections.she was treated by dr gold at chad well animal hospital for a lump she developed in her neck that had to be removed and tested for Tuberculosis,needless to say it cost a lot of money in the end and personally I didn't want her to die so we did all in our power to save the situation and in doing so she is 1,000 grams and doing great but after multiple injections of baytril and oral antibiotics as well we where able to get her going.i also failed to mention she had scale rot that we had to deal with also and a mite population the size of New York City.The sad part was I even looked to her over at the show but until I got home and soaked her in chlorexidine did we realize she was infested.since then we have learned so much more and would never make that mistake again,and when I see them at any show we visit it just curls my blood to see people at his tables because you just want. To tell those customers to keep walking but I feel it's not my place nor do a feel like starting a battle over something that happend a year ago and that I was able to resolve and yes I did notify them of the issue and of course he wanted to trade the animal back instead of a refund but I told him I would take my chances and felt she was better in my care since I could afford the 850.00 dollar vet bills that we incurred to save her life.the super Mohave now has a special part in our life as the little engined that could and made it.

Old 02-01-2014, 08:26 AM   #12
Ktoboll
I also failed to mention she had a parasite that's commonly found in horses called strongid that pan acute could not even treat,but like I said earlier Dr gold with Chadwell animal hospital is one of the best exotic animal vets out there and we are just fortunate to live so close to them.I do have vet bills and pictures buried away some where but as far as the texts messages between seller and buyer they are long gone 3 cell phones ago and didn't care to make a big deal of this since we took on the responsibility of getting her well nor do I see a reason to make a big deal out of it now.we just wanted you all to know that your not alone when it comes to this issue.

Old 02-01-2014, 10:31 AM   #13
TheLizardHorde
Quote:
Originally Posted by SofaKing View Post
I'm pretty sure he will be at the Hamburg show Feb 22nd, you should show up.
I'm not really sure what difference that would make. Stand there all day and wait to see a wad of cash and then scream "that's mine"? I mean I'm not averse to confronting him in person but I'm not sure that it would mean I'd get my money back.

I don't much care at this point, I mean the repayment would be nice but I have no hope of ever receiving it.

Also, there are some things he just cant make restitution for. He can't make good that he stole our first animals we ever produced, he cant make good that we have no idea where these animals are or what their condition is now, he cant take back the time I spent dealing with him and the frustration, he cant take back the rage and sadness we felt for the "leopard spider" he shipped us. We love our animals here and we treat them all with respect because they rely on us for living healthy lives. So when we get a sick animal dumped on us, we struggle to get it healthy, and then only to have it die... it really isn't something we take lightly.

Needless to say he did give me a crash course in what "Bad Guys" are capable of doing in this industry so since then I have adjusted who I deal with and how I deal with them. So thanks Allen

Old 02-01-2014, 10:36 AM   #14
TheLizardHorde
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktoboll View Post
I also failed to mention she had a parasite that's commonly found in horses called strongid that pan acute could not even treat,but like I said earlier Dr gold with Chadwell animal hospital is one of the best exotic animal vets out there and we are just fortunate to live so close to them.I do have vet bills and pictures buried away some where but as far as the texts messages between seller and buyer they are long gone 3 cell phones ago and didn't care to make a big deal of this since we took on the responsibility of getting her well nor do I see a reason to make a big deal out of it now.we just wanted you all to know that your not alone when it comes to this issue.
Really sorry to hear about your dealings with him.

This is exactly why I will not take an animal as payment from him for his debt. I don't care if he tries to resolve it by sending me an animal worth 10x what he owes me, it simply isn't worth it to risk infecting my collection. It also isn't right to take that risk and shove that possibility onto my future customers.

I'm half inclined to not even take physical cash that's been in his wallet

Old 02-01-2014, 03:03 PM   #15
SofaKing
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLizardHorde View Post
I'm not really sure what difference that would make. Stand there all day and wait to see a wad of cash and then scream "that's mine"? I mean I'm not averse to confronting him in person but I'm not sure that it would mean I'd get my money back.

I don't much care at this point, I mean the repayment would be nice but I have no hope of ever receiving it.

Also, there are some things he just cant make restitution for. He can't make good that he stole our first animals we ever produced, he cant make good that we have no idea where these animals are or what their condition is now, he cant take back the time I spent dealing with him and the frustration, he cant take back the rage and sadness we felt for the "leopard spider" he shipped us. We love our animals here and we treat them all with respect because they rely on us for living healthy lives. So when we get a sick animal dumped on us, we struggle to get it healthy, and then only to have it die... it really isn't something we take lightly.

Needless to say he did give me a crash course in what "Bad Guys" are capable of doing in this industry so since then I have adjusted who I deal with and how I deal with them. So thanks Allen

I'm not saying start a fight or cause a scene. When confronted in person, they don't have a rock to slither under. They have to deal with the situation right then and there.

Even if you just say your piece to him, that could take a lot off your shoulders.

Old 02-02-2014, 02:16 PM   #16
bowrll
I've been very very hesitant to post this, but..

In April 2012 I bought an Emerald Tree Boa from Reptile Kingdom at the White Plains show. She was fine for several months, but on September 30th, 2012, she regurgitated a mouse. I got several tests done on her and they didn't find anything. She got worse and worse until finally in March, she passed away at the vet's office. I got a complete necropsy done, and it was discovered that she had cryptosporidium.

I would never buy from him again. I will also never buy an emerald off a reseller again. He lied to me and told me she was CB or LTC, and had absolutely no issues. I'm glad I spent the extra money to get a complete necropsy done so I could rest knowing that she had crypto the entire time and it was nothing I did.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:06 PM   #17
Mancheechee
Im relatively new to this forum, but not new to reptiles. Its sad that for a few $, people would gamble to lose their reputation, insult the reptile industry and their enthusiasts.
I was at repticon baltimore most recently would not have dealt with more than half the vendors. If it smells fishy, listen to the gut and keep walking. I spent walking around the entire show four times observing vendors and their interaction with their animals and then with people. There are some things to pick up on in order to help make a more wise decision. But never fool proof. Ive gotten taken for as well

Old 02-10-2014, 10:40 PM   #18
Melissa owens
Allen Both sold me a pair of "100% het for Ivory" sulcatas. He said he had paperwork but he had to find it. 3 years later and about 20 emails, I never got the paperwork. She's laid several clutches and I have YET to hatch out an Ivory.
Thanks Allen for lying to me. Jerk.

Old 02-14-2014, 03:15 PM   #19
SoCalAce
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLizardHorde View Post
Stand there all day and wait to see a wad of cash and then scream "that's mine"?
Yes! Do that. I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything because I would have spit it out. Very funny!

Old 11-17-2014, 08:36 AM   #20
Ramla
I wish I had seen this prior to purchasing from him.

I bought a leopard gecko and a juvenile veiled chameleon a month and a half ago. The leopard gecko was a pity buy. You know, the one that you just can't help but want to make better. He was $10, in a cup with others reading stubby tail. His tail was in the process of growing back, maybe a week in, he was skinny. Now almost two months later he has not gained a single gram. He is currently 5grams. I have to syringe feed him slurry every night. He has cost me almost $200 in vet bills. (She thinks it's an internal parasite but no poo, no fecal exam.) He's been treated but unresponsive to multiple medications. Now I have to consider euthanizing him, something I don't handle well.

I pray to God the chameleon doesn't develop any issues, so far he is doing well.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!