Good Guy Frogman11-Garrett Smith - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-24-2017, 11:18 PM   #41
Frogman11
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3240 View Post
There are a handful of BOI regulars and I just wonder what they contribute to the hobby besides posting on the BOI? I'm truly curious.
IMO They contribute zero. They help divide people and thrive off of other peoples disagreements.

Old 06-25-2017, 04:41 AM   #42
Fangthane
Quote:
what they contribute to the hobby besides posting on the BOI?
I guess some may have decided that helping expose the Garrett Smiths and Ty Parks of the hobby - the very people you've stepped forward to support with your endorsements/purchases - is good enough. A great many of us 'regulars' contribute a lot of their time to dissecting these situations, thus helping people we'll never even know to make informed decisions. People like you are only interested in your own ends; many of the rest of us have more altruistic motives.

When you've shown such a willingness to support those who wrong others, the idea that you give a damn about the hobby as a whole is pretty laughable. The hobby benefits from having a light shone on the type of people that you seem to gravitate toward.

Old 06-25-2017, 06:14 AM   #43
Lucille
Quote:
There are a handful of BOI regulars and I just wonder what they contribute to the hobby besides posting on the BOI? I'm truly curious.
If some devote time here so that prospective purchasers can make more informed decisions, I think that helps make buying and selling safer and is an honorable contribution to the hobby. Of course your own posts on the matter have value too, John. If regulars can question, so too should you be able to question, and readers may find that your point of view has value, but it is those readers who ultimately choose what is of most value to them.
The ability to look back at the transactions of a particular buyer or seller through the eyes of past customers and community peers is a huge plus not only for the buyers, but for the ethical sellers who spend time, effort and money making sure their critters and service are outstanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
This is how I see it, too. If someone has a genuine experience to share, I want to see it freely shared regardless of previous ones.
I agree. While a link to other threads about a seller, if the threads are diverse in opinion, increases information, I think that those who have had good transactions should share them.

Every day is a new day, and if someone who has had poor transactions in the past starts having a record of good transactions, that information is just as important as past misdeeds. Whether those good transactions amount to a true change is up to the reader to decide, as long as all the information good and bad is available.

Old 06-25-2017, 10:05 AM   #44
Snake-Queen
Quote:
I may not be quite as regular as some, but I do respond when I have something to say.

I breed several species of snakes and sell them. I also do educational shows teaching kids about reptiles.

What have you done? Oh, wait ... that's off topic and I don't care.

Garrett, it is good that you are having positive transactions. Now, grow up and stop making yourself look bad with your temper and petty jabs at members who you perceive as attacking you.

Old 06-25-2017, 11:32 AM   #45
Frogman11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
I may not be quite as regular as some, but I do respond when I have something to say.

I breed several species of snakes and sell them. I also do educational shows teaching kids about reptiles.

What have you done? Oh, wait ... that's off topic and I don't care.

Garrett, it is good that you are having positive transactions. Now, grow up and stop making yourself look bad with your temper and petty jabs at members who you perceive as attacking you.

Another one. Perfect. She's telling me to sit back take the lies, name calling and remain quiet. See when you stoop to their level and call them out they call YOU childish and petty lol. Its a one way street with the regs.

If you truly felt the way you speak you would have 500 more post under your belt by telling Kennard alone to "grow up and stop making yourself look bad with your temper and petty jabs at members who you perceive as attacking you." but.... you don't

"I guess some may have decided that helping expose the Garrett Smiths" Expose me???? lol What did you or anyone expose about me? Did you read my BOI? Read my first post on my BOI. It explains the exact deal that we had. I can recap it in two lines. 1. The OP and I went in on a deal together. 2. I never agreed to assume all the risks. Thats it! Thats my bad guy BOI. However, I did give Mike back all the money that he invested in the deal. If you actually read it and can think for your self you could of easily seen this. Lynn and others were aloud to quote third party hearsay. Normal not aloud, Lucille, calls people out for this all the time. but not her peeps.

Lynn and others on my BOI were quoting third party hearsay for 100s of posts. Then when the narrow minded regular zombies read it, they think its true. So when the lady that Lynn was speaking for came out and said that Lynn was lying. Do you think the, lol "good people (AKA BOI regs) would post back and apology, or a my bad? or sorry for leaving you 40 negative karma's, Crank calling your house, Making up fake Craigslist adds with your number on it. NO cthey didn't.

What you did expose about me is: I'm not going to sit back and take your BS like the "regulars" keep asking me to do.

Old 06-25-2017, 11:51 AM   #46
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogman11 View Post
If you truly felt the way you speak you would have 500 more post under your belt by telling bad with your temper and petty jabs at members who you perceive as attacking you." but.... you don't

Actually, I have called him out on a few threads.

I'm sure I've read a few BOI threads where you were the topic. When you were questioned, you went on the attack ... that could be where the others have developed a dislike for you and continue their "attacks". So yes, ignore their baiting attempts and your threads won't be so long.

While I don't take Chris's approach to scammers and thieves, his way is very effective at exposing many bad guys.

Old 06-25-2017, 01:45 PM   #47
Insomniac101
Quote:
Making up fake Craigslist adds with your number on it.
Regardless of accusations against you, that is grossly inappropriate. While somewhat humorous in a figurative way, violating someone's privacy to that extent is disgusting. In my opinion, that reflects just as negatively on the prankster, as it does on the wrongdoing of their intended target.

Kathy

Old 06-25-2017, 03:04 PM   #48
Frogman11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac101 View Post
Regardless of accusations against you, that is grossly inappropriate. While somewhat humorous in a figurative way, violating someone's privacy to that extent is disgusting. In my opinion, that reflects just as negatively on the prankster, as it does on the wrongdoing of their intended target.

Kathy
He admitted to doing this on my BOI. Not one of the BOI regs or admins said a word about it. His name is Patrick Sterling dieselfan. He has left me 35 or more negative karma's, called my home, made several fake Craigslist add with my contact info. Look up where I live and the value of my home, who's on the title etc. The craigslist thing may seem funny but it's illegal and easy to find out who did it. I paid $65 to get an internet sopina IP address, I think that's what was called. Anyway I have it on file. This was two years ago and he just left me a negitive karma last week. The guys a psychopath. For why? Let me tell you. I advertised some rare geckos. That were 3/4" long with tail, I used the breeders pictures in my add. He asked question that were already answered in the add. Although that always drives me nuts a re-answered them. He then asked the same questions again. By this time all the geckos were sold. He got so but hurt that he didn't get them that he's been harassing me ever since. Saying I almost ripped him off. I have reported his harassment to the admins and they've done nothing "from what I know" He's 34 and should know better. If he continues, I will move forward with what I should of done two years ago.

Old 06-25-2017, 03:11 PM   #49
Frogman11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
Actually, I have called him out on a few threads.

I'm sure I've read a few BOI threads where you were the topic. When you were questioned, you went on the attack ... that could be where the others have developed a dislike for you and continue their "attacks". So yes, ignore their baiting attempts and your threads won't be so long.

While I don't take Chris's approach to scammers and thieves, his way is very effective at exposing many bad guys.
There's a Garrett Smith that lives in NC that deals with leapard geckos and frogs that's not me. Chris will bring my name up on other people's BOI's because he doesn't have a leg to stand on with me.

Most of his "approach" are non-productive and agents the rules.

Old 06-25-2017, 03:18 PM   #50
Lucille
Quote:
The craigslist thing may seem funny
I don't think it is funny. I would be interested in the proof, of how you went about finding who did this, and I think that proof might be helpful to others who may have had or will have similar actions taken against them.

How is he harassing you, here?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!