Info Edgar aka Edgar Mateo aka Edogmateo...illegal animal request - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-03-2017, 06:19 PM   #1
AndyUltimateReptiles
Edgar aka Edgar Mateo aka Edogmateo...illegal animal request

I've have had a few correspondences with Edgar/Edog over the past 6 months or so. He only asks about animals that are illegal in NY and usually the first thing he asks is if you are willing to ship there. When you ask for a permit, he usually goes dark and doesn't respond, or is dismissive, until the next time he decides to try a few months later.

So far, he was asked for asian water monitors, morelets crocodiles, a few reticulated pythons, and possibly some other stuff in the past. Can only dig so far back in my emails. The individual either really seems to want illegal animals or could be some sort of agent/cop.

Sellers beware.

PS To the mods, I believe he PM'd me from a second account as well a week ago. I deleted the PM mistakenly but think it started with aponte?

I will attach screen shots.
Attached Images

Old 03-03-2017, 06:21 PM   #2
AndyUltimateReptiles
Part 2

These are 2 separate incidents below.
Attached Images

Old 03-03-2017, 06:39 PM   #3
nickolasanastasiou
Thanks for the tip. Please report it next time so he does not run shenanigans for extra time. He has at least three screen names at first glance and that also casts some doubt as to his full name.

Old 03-03-2017, 06:41 PM   #4
AndyUltimateReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
Thanks for the tip. Please report it next time so he does not run shenanigans for extra time. He has at least three screen names at first glance and that also casts some doubt as to his full name.
Sorry. Relatively new to posting things here and mainly lurk. This all transpired on here within the last 2-3 hours (I hadn't been on recently, so saw the new message and last weeks message at the same time).

Old 03-03-2017, 06:44 PM   #5
nickolasanastasiou
No worries. Thank you.

Old 03-03-2017, 08:42 PM   #6
Chris Kennard
Truly an ace!

Old 03-05-2017, 10:12 AM   #7
nickolasanastasiou
user: edgar aponte
Name: edgar aponte
greensboro nc usa
prmamaevo@hotmail.com
email goes to: Lisa Ortiz
https://www.facebook.com/lisa.ortiz.961
reg. Mar 2010

user: aponte45
Name: Edgar Mateo
Brooklyn NY
edogmateo@gmail.com
reg. Oct 2016

user: Edgar
Name: Edgar mateo
Brooklyn NY
Aponte@gmail.com
reg. Feb 2017

The information above was assembled by Robert Walker and succinctly covers the bulk of what I found as well. There is reason to suspect that the person involved could be a woman or connected in some fashion to one Lisa Ortiz.

Old 03-05-2017, 10:56 AM   #8
AndyUltimateReptiles
On the Facebook profile, she appears to have a daughter named Asia Mateo as well.

Old 03-05-2017, 11:21 AM   #9
nickolasanastasiou
And what a classy guy "Edgar" would be to use the information of a family member to make a dodgy account.

Old 03-05-2017, 11:30 AM   #10
AndyUltimateReptiles
I can't substantiate it but Joe Switalski did say this guy once let his IP slip in an email trying to procure venomous illegally and it looked to be from NYDEC, which would suggest a sting type operation. It would make sense with how eager Edgar is to only inquire about illegal animals. Either way, definitely some shady stuff going on.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!