Help with my Gould's - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-01-2009, 12:28 AM   #1
misfit
Help with my Gould's

He has a prolapsed hemipenes this is the second time this has happened last time I had to take him to the vet and have it removed now the other hemipenesis prolapsed. I have had him soaking in sugar water for a couple of hrs now what can I do now I don’t want to have the other hemipenes removed PLEASE HELP THANKS

This is his cage it's a 200gal with deep sand, hide, basking log, and rocks to climb on.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:20 AM   #2
misfit
I put him in a small glass tank with some heat so here’s another photo.

Old 04-01-2009, 06:09 PM   #3
RiffDawg15
I would get him to a vet asap. See what the vet suggests you do, maybe he knows of an alternative way to fix this problem without having to remove it.

Old 04-01-2009, 06:13 PM   #4
misfit
well the Vet thought that removal was the best for him. so now he has no hemipenesis so is he a boy girl or just an it. lol

Old 04-01-2009, 06:28 PM   #5
RiffDawg15
so he has already had it removed? how is he doing? hope everything went ok for the poor guy....

Old 04-01-2009, 06:32 PM   #6
misfit
He's doing great he had his left hemipean removed a few weeks ago and had the right removed today and he is doing great now Thanks for the kind words Steven

Old 04-01-2009, 06:34 PM   #7
RiffDawg15
Glad to hear he is doing good. He looks awesome, I have a green iguana, but I have always been intrigued with monitors also.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!