very freaked out green iggy - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-07-2009, 08:03 PM   #1
matchu
Red face very freaked out green iggy

i just bought a new green iggy from a local store i researched for awhile after i had a bad experience with my last sick iggy. So for this one seems healthy she is about 4 to 5 mths old but deffently a big girl at just under 2 feet. She lives in a custom enclousure 7ft tall 4 ft wide 3 ft deep with lots of trees vines and her basking area is at about 6ft above ground level with a average temp of 92 the humidiy is anywhere from 95% to 100% and a 25.0 uvb bulb. but ive only seen her eat once and that deff wasnt a stomach full. She is intorduced to all basic greens no lettuce of anykind, carrot shavings strawberries and bannanas for a lil bit of color. She was a beautiful neon green when i got her but now she sometime is a kinda dark almost brown. She is very very sketchy coming out of her cage but once shes out shes goes on my basking rack i made her in front of the window and loves it im just worried why her appetite is very bleak and the inital cage "grab" (i take my time to get her out prob 5 minutes of very slow movement) ive had her for about a week now any posts would be thnx first time post great and helpful site

Old 06-07-2009, 08:38 PM   #2
lpcad
Hi Matt,
What has the pet store been feeding her? How long did the pet store have her? You can reduce stress by not handling her too much and leaving her alone.
Is there a t.v. or a radio near her cage? Noise can stress them out.
Maybe you could also take a fecal sample in to the vet to get checked. Having a high parasite load will also cause stress and decrease appetite. Fecal exams usually only cost about $20-$30. It is well worth the investment.

Old 06-11-2009, 04:11 PM   #3
bobster0346
your iguana is prolly just stressed out. I would recommend leaving her alone for a couple of weeks, only messing with her to clean and feed. When stressed iguanas will turn dark and wont eat. I would also advise you to lower the humidity down to about 40-60. 95-100 is way too high, you are just asking for mold and respiratory infections.

Old 06-30-2009, 07:02 AM   #4
dencho
Hi,
I am totally agree with previous comment. Look one time more if your iguana's habitat enough comfortable or not. Finally, meet your vet.
Best regards,
Dencho Denchev
http://DenchoDenchev.com/iguana

Old 06-30-2009, 08:37 AM   #5
angie.h
Just wondering...if the average temp is 92 is there anywhere in the cage with a lower temp? Basking area should be hot but not the entire cage.Sounds like a nice big cage though.

Old 06-30-2009, 12:10 PM   #6
rosebud945
When I get in rescue igs, they bask at 100+, but I also make sure that the rest of the enclosure is in the 75-80 range. Then they do really well at 60-70% humidity, not 100. That does seem high for a green ig.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!