Blue Phase Rudicollis - ever see one b4? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-02-2009, 03:03 PM   #1
MicroZooKits
Blue Phase Rudicollis - ever see one b4?

I have a couple male blue rudys and have had no luck finding any blue females.
My oldest male has a lot more blue then the younger one, but neither of them are yellow or brown. Greyish Blue Pattern on Black Background.
Here are a couple pics to show you what I'm talking about.
Has anyone out there come in contact with any of these or know any breeders that have? I'd like to get some more information on them and possibly find a female or 2.

Old 04-02-2009, 05:47 PM   #2
TheFragginDragon
Never seen that before....Rudy is a handsome devil!

Old 04-04-2009, 02:07 AM   #3
MicroZooKits
Yes he is one sexy monitor!
For the longest we thought he was a girl because of his feminine face and personality, but he proved us wrong a few months ago. I think it was just an act so we'd take him home. The old "Look how cute I am, blink blink", "I'd be perfect for Draco, blink blink".
Had us even more fooled when Draco thought the same thing. Last winter was nothing but Rudicollis snuggling and then this spring his true colors (or hemipenes) came out.
They do good together when they aren't roleplaying (scratching each other up) and Rudicollis is known to live in colonies in the wild, but if I don't get some females for these guys I'm afraid they may become TOO fond of each other! Then what, I have two very hard to find lizards that have no interest in reproducing with the ladies? That would be a very cruel prank on nature's behalf!

But seriously, I'm about to set up a date line for these guys or something!

Old 04-04-2009, 11:17 PM   #4
BSM1
Looks great, i have seen them a few years ago and they were gorgeous as well. It's hard in any species trying to find an adult female no matter what species thats why they usually have a high price tag.
I will be sending you a PM in a little while

Bryan

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!