ackie diet: what are you feeding? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-22-2009, 04:44 PM   #1
suzuki4life
ackie diet: what are you feeding?

2.2 yellow ackies. Always looking for more.

currently have an up and rising colony of dubias with more ordered and in route.

I have been ordering crickets which I hope to be replaced with dubias once my colonies start blooming

I also have a 1.4 colony of mice (against better judgement since I hate dealing with mice) since the ackies refuse asf's and standard rat pinks.

Is a diet of dubias and mice sufficient?

Old 07-06-2009, 06:14 PM   #2
captmark
Thumbs up feed

#1 crickets are cheap and easy and a good staple (stay clear of trying to breed em, its more trouble than its worth) , I order 2000 a month for 32 shipped, I just consider it a bad habit like smoking lol
#2 mice pinks to fuzzys when available, stinky bastards compared to crickets, Ive got like 40 breeder females and it never seems to be enough LOL a 14inch ackie can eat 4+++ pinks in a sitting, so one litter of 13 pinkys gone in one sitting with your #s, so they only fill the gaps.
#3 dubia roaches for me they fill in the gaps also because I cant seem to get them to keep up with my collection 20+, I too also thought i could raise them to stop using crickets. They are easy enough though.
hope this helps CaptMArk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!