CBB Ambilobe - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-19-2004, 03:22 AM   #1
projectpardalis
CBB Ambilobe

Personality plus! This is Woodrow.
Attached Images

Old 07-19-2004, 11:56 AM   #2
elago
Thumbs up SWEET!

Nice ambilobe, Gotta have one sooner or later! Nice cham man, two thumbs up. -Eric Lago *MS Reptilian Hobbyists*
http://msreptilianhobbyists.fabpage.com

Old 08-03-2004, 06:36 AM   #3
SpiralTailRanch

All I can do when I see that guy is DROOL!!!! Very very nice. You are lucky!

Old 08-04-2004, 02:08 AM   #4
projectpardalis
Woodrow is one of my favorites! He still on the young side but as he develops he is becoming a showstopper!

Dennis

Old 08-04-2004, 02:10 AM   #5
Nemesis
ohh yeah I am drooling too! That guy is just perfect!

Old 11-24-2004, 09:59 AM   #6
Chameleon Company
Dennis,
Do you have any other pictures of this animal? As colored here, this is a locale hybrid, and while he may have some Ambilobe blood in him, he's got a lot of something else too. Have you ever seen a WC Ambilobe even remotely close to this color pattern? I have unpacked approximately 200 imported Ambilobe males in the last 3 years, and never seen anything resembling this. As hybrids go, he has amazing color ..... but Ambilobe? Sorry, but not this one. Your other pictured "Picasso" is a true Ambilobe, though.

Jim Flaherty
The Chameleon Company

Old 11-24-2004, 10:33 AM   #7
projectpardalis
Jim then your basically telling me that your partner Ivan ripped me off! Anything for a buck huh? Ivan sold me this chameleon last year, telling me he was the last male offspring from Cyclops. What you are saying though isn't a surprise to me as I have heard this before.

Dennis Scott

Old 11-24-2004, 10:49 AM   #8
projectpardalis
I this really sounds like Ivan owes me some money since I specifically asked for offspring from Cyclops. I would think with your relationship with Ivan you would know him best and given your reputation I tend to trust you more then most. So if you are saying my male is a hybrid as have others when this past couple months then i must have been ripped off. I have the reciepts and pictuces of this guy from the day he arrived.

Dennis Scott

Old 11-24-2004, 11:06 AM   #9
Chameleon Company
Dennis,
I believe that what I said was quite clear. But if you had already heard that this animal was not of clear heritage by its appearance, why not make a note of correction, rather than leave the picture there as orifginally labeled? As to where you may have gotten the animal, that is between you and the provider. And lastly, you draw inferences as to who my "partners" are not based on anything I have said, or my company has said. I have heard others mention your name, both in text and in conversation, in conjunction with the names of others, and I do not assign these people to be your partners. If you have scores to settle with others, then that is a matter for you and them. I do not like it when others invoke my name, or that of my company, in order to curry some favor, or as a jab in a feud. But it will happen. What seems to be in agreement here is that you have a picture posted of an "Ambilobe", the lineage of which is certainly dubious, by its appearance. You did not obtain this animal from me or my business, or bloodlines that my business has ever claimed to represent. We have all obtained juvenile panther chameleons reported to be of pedigree lineage, or females likewise, only to find out that they were not. I do not excuse the practice, and work quite diligently to insure the veracity of my bloodlines. That is a significantly greater, but separate, issue from the posting of a picture with an inaccurate locale identification.
Dennis, I have seen occasional post of animals for sale by you, and wish you nothing but the best in your pursuits with panther chameleons, or any other business venture. I would hope that you are able to sell all of your offspring at premium prices, as that would bode well for all who aspire to sell chameleons. But you have made innacurate statements about me and my business in forums in the past, as you did here. In my original post, and now this one, I am not going to pull the names of others into it, as it is only about a picture of a hybrid misidentified as being a locale pedigree. Again, I wish you well in your business ventures.

Jim Flaherty
The Chameleon Company

Old 11-24-2004, 11:18 AM   #10
Chameleon Company
Hey Dennis,
I only just saw your second reply, and did not include mention of it in the above post. For you, and all others who might view this thread, I would encourage attempts to make some recovery where a premium price was paid for a locale pedigree offspring that is now maturing as something else. In any case though, the timeliness of the claim is very important. I would recommend to all who may ever find themselves in such a situation to 1) Obtain in writing, at time of sale, an agreement as to the authenticity of the animal, and a plan for remedy if the animal is not authentic in locale; 2) contact the seller as soon as they have reason for concern, and document with pictures; and 3) pursue the matter in a timely fashion. As we all know, the BOI can be an excellent place to air legitimate complaints that one is unable to resolve by any reasonable prior means. Again, I cannot vouch for anything with regards to where this animal came from, or the lineage involved. I will, however, bring this thread to the attention of others over the holiday weekend, but I am not part of the solution here. I hope that all other projects are going well.

Jim

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!