horned lizards - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Other Lizards

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 05:41 PM   #11
kai-engen
oh, i thought you ment the Texas horned lizard.

Old 03-22-2006, 06:11 PM   #12
mightymo
In Texas, they are listed as endangered. In New Mexico I believe it is legal to catch them though. The Texas Horned Lizard is an awsome looking lizard. I've never seen one in person while in Texas, it's a shame they're so rare.

Old 03-22-2006, 09:41 PM   #13
corn_breeder
they are not illigle to have or capture . you may not sell them only give and maybe trade them. and only in groups of four . they also don't really live in captive they tend to die. i'm going to try to breed them and release them again. or trade them for friendly cash which is : some body gives you money and you give them a snake or trade.
  Contact User Check User
Old 03-22-2006, 10:45 PM   #14
mightymo
once again that's not completely true. Depends on the state and the species you are dealing with. The coastals are endangered. Illegal to capture, keep, trade or sell. The Texas is considered endangered in Texas and the same applies within Texas. Other species such as the Regal and Desert are legal to capture, trade, sell, and such. Read the previous site or go to the kingsnake horned lizard forum. Since you are in Arizona, I believe you are most likely talking about the regal/solare and yes that is true about their captivity

Old 07-30-2006, 03:17 PM   #15
kevin of italia
if you are interested in trading your horned lizards i may have a few reptiles you may be interested in trading for

Old 07-30-2006, 05:35 PM   #16
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by corn_breeder
they are not illigle to have or capture . you may not sell them only give and maybe trade them. and only in groups of four . they also don't really live in captive they tend to die. i'm going to try to breed them and release them again. or trade them for friendly cash which is : some body gives you money and you give them a snake or trade.
Doubt you can keep any and have them thrive, let alone breed any. Releasing captive ones into the wild may be illegal, it is in CA. Trades are usually the same thing as buying, you are giving someone something and they are "paying" you for it, whether cash, a snake, or something else. In CA trading is specifically mentioned as illegal for wild caught animals. Don't know if it's specifically mentioned in your state, but even if it isn't it would be an unethical loophole IMO.

Old 07-30-2006, 05:39 PM   #17
kevin of italia
i have a few of them "thriving" as we speak which one has been thriving for 5 years with me ive spoken with the California Department of Fish and Game as long as it is not a species of special concern threatened or endangered species no laws are broken although i do appreciate your concern

Old 07-30-2006, 05:42 PM   #18
mightymo
I know of a pair that bred and has 5 eggs in the incubator. The owner of phrynosoma.org has kept captive horned lizards and several successful clutches.

Old 07-30-2006, 05:57 PM   #19
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin of italia
i have a few of them "thriving" as we speak which one has been thriving for 5 years with me ive spoken with the California Department of Fish and Game as long as it is not a species of special concern threatened or endangered species no laws are broken although i do appreciate your concern
First of all, as you can see by who I quoted (though based on how you wrote that post as one sentence, maybe you can't comprehend that I wasn't talking to you), I was refering to the OP. He is asking rookie questions about them. You don't go from knowing nothing about Horned Lizards to breeding them. Second I said nothing about you having or keeping them, but the rest of my statement still holds true. You can only keep a certain amount, and if they breed and it puts you over the limit, you have to give them away, not trade, sell, barter, whatever. Also I don't know what you would trade with him, but if it is something wild caught it would be illegal. If you already knew that the info I posted is irrelevant, and my post wasn't referring to you anyway.

Old 07-30-2006, 06:04 PM   #20
kevin of italia
alright sorry to jump so quickly i have bad grammar i know but truely am sorry

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread