Central Valley Reptiles - Inquiry - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-19-2008, 10:36 AM   #1
MartiM
Central Valley Reptiles - Inquiry

Does anyone have any experience with these folks? They are in Fresno, CA.
I can't find any individual names on their website other than an email in the name of "Pete".

Thanks
Marti Moses

Old 07-19-2008, 11:32 PM   #2
DaveyFig
I don't know anything about them, but Fresno is close to me. I know quite a few of the herp folks up there. I will ask around and see what I can find. Any idea what kind of herps they keep?

Old 07-20-2008, 01:29 AM   #3
LauraB
I think his last name is McCarthy, but I've not bought from him.

Old 07-20-2008, 07:19 AM   #4
MartiM
Central Valley Reptiles

Thanks Dave and Laura

They have a nice website and apparently specialize in uromastyx and leopard geckos. They have a few turtles and tortoises. I am interested in some Northern Diamondback Terrapins they have advertised on kingsnake.

I may be a bit paranoid. I breed, show and train dogs (as a hobby) and I know there are plenty of breeders out there who get a bad reputation, move, change their kennel name and resurface to do business again. Unless you are in to tracing pedigrees the average buyer would never know.

They are located at:

1826 S. Fairway Ave.
Fresno, CA 93727

Marti Moses

Old 07-20-2008, 12:40 PM   #5
LauraB
I don't think you are a bit paranoid, I think you are wise to inquire! Too many animals suffer at the hands of unscrupulous, unethical and inhumane breeders/sellers/keepers who view them only as dollar signs.
I believe I recognize your name from the circuit. If so, thank you for the work you and Mr. M do for the Belgian breed(s).

Old 07-20-2008, 02:37 PM   #6
MartiM
Thanks Laura. Yeah, that's us. Our malinois are our lives. We've never sold or bought any animal that didn't come with a three page contract. We also know what happens when breeders don't take responsibility for the animals they produce. And that goes for ANY animal. Buying a living thing online has me a bit wary. It's not "JUST" a turtle.

Marti

Old 07-20-2008, 08:45 PM   #7
LauraB
Marti ..

You are quite welcome. I sent you a PM.

Old 07-31-2008, 06:56 AM   #8
Bigtyny
I come from fresno and my friend told me they have great reptiles. I live in arkansas now and my friend is sending me some reptiles this fall and told me if i wanted anything from them that he would ship all at the same time.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!