Warning Points & Censorship - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 03-26-2004, 10:02 PM   #1
Glenn Bartley
Warning Points & Censorship

Rich Z.,

So when did you stop the Warning Points system? I don't see the points listed by anyone's user name any longer? Now how do you decide who will be banned or fined?

As to the auto censor program you have installed, how long has that been effective. I noticed that the other evening when someone called me a nasty name it got censored. Actually I had thought that person had typed in the red word 'censored' to be cute, but after seeing my own post have the word bull <font color=red>[**censored**]</font> censored this evening I was somewhat surprised. That was in the Hell Forum whcih you yourself called the trash can of this site and in essence indicated that anything goes therein.

Just wondering about these apparent changes.

Best regards,
Glenn B

Old 03-26-2004, 10:25 PM   #2
WebSlave
The warning point system is still there. Isn't it visible to you?

But I am not particularly using the auto-banning feature, as I have found the suspension and fine method to be working better than I had expected. I am much more comfortable with the fact that someone suspended will get in such a tiff that they will not pay that minimal fine, and in effect, ban themselves from this site.

As for the auto-censoring, that has always been in effect. I have just changed the way it displays. There are several ways I can use this, so I have been playing around to see what I like best. Initially, censored words were replaced with each individual character replaced with a "*". Then I had the censored word replaced with "[bleep]". Then I did a graphic replacement where "[bleep]" got replaced with a smilie mooning the audience (figuring that the person posting the profanity would check to look at their handiwork, and the mooning was for them). And now, I just have it so that the word is replaced with "[**censored**]". So when viewing old messages, you may see various different manners in which the censoring has taken place.

And yes, those words I consider to be especially offensive to the majority of people are censored, site wide, even in the HELL forum.

Hope that explains it sufficiently

Old 03-26-2004, 11:26 PM   #3
JungleHabitats
rich i cant see the points either ?

there not showing up

Old 03-26-2004, 11:37 PM   #4
Intense Herpetoculture
I see my points.

Old 03-26-2004, 11:42 PM   #5
JungleHabitats
not good points

its the bad boy points for doing bad stuff in forums lol

Old 03-27-2004, 12:48 AM   #6
WebSlave
Ah! I bet I know what happened. When I created the new user group "Contributors", I forgot that I need to enable viewing of the warning points system for that user group. Now, hopefully I can remember how to fix that problem.......

Sorry.....

Old 03-27-2004, 12:54 AM   #7
WebSlave
OK, let me know if you can see it now.

Old 03-27-2004, 02:23 AM   #8
Glenn Bartley
Yep, there they are all nice and blue.

Old 03-27-2004, 02:32 AM   #9
robin d.
i see all 8 of my well earned points

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!