PETA Launches Pie Attack on Vogue Editor - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 10-11-2005, 01:38 AM   #1
shrap
PETA Launches Pie Attack on Vogue Editor

"PARIS — Anna Wintour, editor in chief of Vogue magazine, was hit with a tofu pie by anti-fur demonstrators as she attended Paris fashion week.

Dan Mathews, vice president of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, said the vegetarian tofu tart was retaliation for Vogue's decision to run fur ads while refusing to use PETA's anti-fur messages.

The animal rights group offered to pay the same fee, Mathews said.

Wintour, editor of the U.S. edition of Vogue, was hit with the tart as she waited to see the Chloe fashion show Saturday. It was the second time in a year that PETA has hit her with a pie."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,171824,00.html

These people (PETA members and supporters alike) are nothing but terrorist. Conform to our beliefs or face lies, propaganda and unprovoked violence. I am ashamed and appalled that so many people actually believe that PETA is an upstanding and righteous organization. Humans depress me more and more everyday.

Old 10-11-2005, 02:00 AM   #2
Junkyard
So is that what tofu is for? Maybe we should send it to Iraq and use it as a form of interrogation, heck we can load it into potato guns and shoot the terrorist with it.

Old 10-11-2005, 03:22 AM   #3
PaulSage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
These people (PETA members and supporters alike) are nothing but terrorist. Conform to our beliefs or face lies, propaganda and unprovoked violence. I am ashamed and appalled that so many people actually believe that PETA is an upstanding and righteous organization. Humans depress me more and more everyday.
I agree. Everytime I talk to someone about PETA, they are shocked to hear about all of the atrocious things they've done. I wish the media would do a more thorough job of covering the appalling crap that PETA has pulled. It really is depressing, because PETA gets a lot of acknowledgement and credit for fighting for animals rights. Consequently, the more ethical and genuine organizations don't get as much attention or support.

A pie in the face is bad enough, but TOFU?!? Maybe they just found some expired tofu in one of the dumpsters while they were disposing of their last victims.

Old 10-11-2005, 08:55 AM   #4
Cat_72
I guess they used Tofu to avoid torturing the berries or apples one would normally find in a pie?

WAIT!!! OMG, NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Think of all of the poor soybeans that gave their life for that pie!!! I'm going to a corner to have a good cry now.

*snort*

Old 10-11-2005, 11:08 AM   #5
Bringerofdoom
Each time i see the word peta, it makes my blood start to boil... Peta and their partner orginizations (ALF, ELF) makes peta the largest homeland terrorist orginization. Our freedoms and rights they try to take away from us for thier mis-guided causes.

Old 10-11-2005, 04:06 PM   #6
pogonadragon
I read somewhere a while back that a member of PETA was at a KFC protesting (no, PETA protesting?!) and a man and his kid(s) had anti PETA info on just how stupid PETA really is and quite frankly, how wrong they are. They shouted at the PETA protestor with bull horns and everything. The protestor was actually stunned because, as he said, they never have people do that sort of thing... I wish I could remember the article that was from because it was hillarious!
That's the thing, if people would stop tollerating PETA's bull and start throwing burgers back when they hurl their nasty soy they may think twice...
And think about this. I used to be completely ignorant and twisted in my thinking. I fell for PETA back in 10th grade. HOWEVER, I wised up since then. Think about it, only during high school did I buy their lies. I guess that shows the mindframe they have...

Old 10-11-2005, 04:26 PM   #7
Bringerofdoom
Quote:
Originally Posted by pogonadragon
I read somewhere a while back that a member of PETA was at a KFC protesting (no, PETA protesting?!) and a man and his kid(s) had anti PETA info on just how stupid PETA really is and quite frankly, how wrong they are. They shouted at the PETA protestor with bull horns and everything. The protestor was actually stunned because, as he said, they never have people do that sort of thing... I wish I could remember the article that was from because it was hillarious!
That's the thing, if people would stop tollerating PETA's bull and start throwing burgers back when they hurl their nasty soy they may think twice...
And think about this. I used to be completely ignorant and twisted in my thinking. I fell for PETA back in 10th grade. HOWEVER, I wised up since then. Think about it, only during high school did I buy their lies. I guess that shows the mindframe they have...
I hated when peta would protest KFC. My fiance works for KFC and had to deal with those idiots. The funny part is, is that the KFC's in columbus that had any protestors at were ones in richy nice area's of town. Anything in the lower westside, no one protested at......

I was going to harrass some protestors one day in front of a petco, but my fiancee would not pull over, so i could get out. She knows just how much i hate peta.

Another ironic part is, is that i still have not recived a ceast and decist letter from peta yet for my www.anti-peta.org website I figured i would have got one of those within the first month. I need to do some more work on that site, as some things have kept me from doing much with my computer for a while.

Old 10-11-2005, 05:20 PM   #8
pogonadragon
Ultimately, as you were talking about the irony with where PETA would protest is if you notice, and I'm sure many have, that PETA doesn't go to say, people's homes who mistreat their pets, they do things that are big name, that will get them out as much in the spotlight as possible. It's all about being high profile. They are utter phonies.

Also, I hope someone can tell me. I've read here about PETA thinking that certain critters, such as snakes and other "predators" aren't as "animal" as other things and would rather see a snake die than a mouse... what's up with that? How is a snake/reptile not an animal?

Old 10-12-2005, 02:04 AM   #9
A_Kendergirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by pogonadragon
Also, I hope someone can tell me. I've read here about PETA thinking that certain critters, such as snakes and other "predators" aren't as "animal" as other things and would rather see a snake die than a mouse... what's up with that? How is a snake/reptile not an animal?
On the radio while I was going to work, I heard a PETA person crying on and one about how awful bass fishing is...BASS FISHING. Apparently fish have moved up in the world. This isn't word for word, but she essentially said this:

-Bass are sensitive, highly intelligent creatures. They live in social groups equivalent to primates. Hooking a bass is no different than hooking your dog and dragging it behind your truck. I know bass aren't cute and fluffy like dogs and cats, but we MUST save the 1000s of fish that are tortured every year.

WTF!!! OK...I'm not a hunter, but I like nothing better than a fat juicy steak. If you need to hunt to eat - go for it! I just don't agree with killing for sport. I've done my fair share of fishing, and I either released what I caught, or I ate it. There is a HUGE difference between hooking a fish, and hooking a DOG! The crazy thing was, she was dead serious about it.

Old 10-12-2005, 03:04 PM   #10
pogonadragon
Shoot, fishing in the ocean is probably one of the funnest things (besides maybe golf) that my hubby and I can do together! And realistically, even though we aren't poor, it's nice to be able to catch a few nice rock fish or ling cod and have a few nights worth of dinner! Not to mention, ocean fish (fresh ocean fish) is the BEST!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!