Who uses Ecigs? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 03-18-2012, 09:41 AM   #1
Morelia4life
Who uses Ecigs?

I am thinking about getting an Ecig to help me with quitting smoking. I was looking online but I didn't realize how many brands that they had. I was curious who on here uses them and what brand do you use?

I smoke about a pack every day and a half or so, so the battery doesn't really have to last that long. I mostly smoke at work and when I get home, I might smoke 1 or 2 cigs before bed and that is within 5 hours from when I get home to when I go to bed.

Thanks for the help and advice for those who give it.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:50 AM   #2
edf01
i borrowed a co-workers to try it. If you take big hits of it and too many- youll get a headache- its straight up nuicotine in them- without all the other crap in cigs.

i, too, said it would prolly help with quitting- and it may do so- it'll give you nicotine to wean yourself off of...

however- they are not like smoking ciggarettes at all. there seems to be nothing there when you are inhaling the ecig versus a cig.

But I think it could be a tool to help quit smoking- but you can get addicted to nicotine in any way you take it ( nicarette and such), but you may be able to wean yourself off using the ecig instead of cutting back on cigs.

good luck!

Old 03-20-2012, 08:22 AM   #3
Focal
I am considered an E-Cig fanatic and can probably let you know everything you need to know.

In response to the above, yes, they can give you a headache from smoking too much, as with cigarettes, however, YOU choose your nicotine levels when you pick your E-Liquid. If you love smoking and would use an e-cig more often, you should go for a lower nicotine level. If you have very little time through out the day and only moments to smoke, you should get a higher level. I use light levels when I am sitting around the house all night.

In response to Janet and nothing being there when you inhale, this is mainly because of voltage, cheaper e-cigs and your PG/VG mixtures. This is refered to as 'throat hit.' Higher PG levels give you more throat hit and less vapor upon exhale, PG gives you more vapor and less throat hit. An appropriate level of PG with a good E-cig will make the heaviest of smokers choke out, but you need the appropriate equipment.

Be careful of prices! Most E-Cig users use as a fad. The sellers KNOW this and will often mark up cheap stuff as much as the good stuff. Nothing will beat doing your own research. Some things to research:

Brands, if I had to recommend three brands in different price ranges, it would be these. JoyeTech eGo-T (Just got the Tornado Tank for my wife) and it's a good lower priced kit. Batteries are easy to change and relatively cheap.

A good bottom feeder that is great for a lazy man and cheap, is the Boge Revolution V2 (found at VaporGod.com Great place). It has a big reserve (10ml) for fluid and a passthrough battery that lets you use it while you charge. Also very cheap to maintain and buy new carts for.

The best and ultimate has to be the REO Grand or REO Mini. Nothing gets much better than this.

I use the Boge V2 right now and it does have it's issues but it is pretty much worry free and makes it all day without maintenance. I am currently looking to build a new one using a JoyeTech Variable Voltage 900mAh passthrough battery mated with a SmokTech Tank.

Batteries are usually rated in mAh. Pretty much, the higher the mAh, the longer it will make it. The new Boge V2 has 1400 mah, the JoyeTech eGo-T has anywhere from 650mAh to 1100. The Boge does not have replaceable batteries and must be charged and the JoyeTech you can swap out extra batteries.

They all have their pros and cons, it all depends which pros are right for you and which cons don't matter. Check the forums, read reviews and watch YouTube. What's good for me might suck for you.

Oh yeah, one other thing. The actual vaporizing elements vary. There are atomizers, cartomizers and cartridges. Atomizers are just a burning element and are usually dripped on or have some kind of wicking material that wicks liquid from a cartridges to the atomizer. Cartomizers are a combo of atomizers and cartidges and have all the wicking material around that atomizer and are one unit. Man there's so much to go over!

Old 03-20-2012, 08:40 AM   #4
Focal
Ok, I have more info that I feel I should have included.

Warnings: Nicotine is a poison and it is toxic. 40mg can kill an adult, and even less for kids, if eaten or absorbed through the skin. Always make sure your liquids are locked up if you have children.

Also be warned, PV's (I hate the name E-Cig and Personal Vaporizer is more appropriate) are more addicting than cigarettes if used the wrong way. Many companies will try to start you off at a high dosage.

Here's the break down. Nicotine levels range from 0-56mg+. This level is based on PER ml. Cigarettes contain 1mg of nicotine per cigarette from what I understand. It's very easy to go through more than one ml of e-liquid in a day, so if you get 18mg of nicotine and use one ml of fluid a day, you have consumed a nicotine amount that's equivelant to 18 cigarettes (minus the 3000-4500 additional chemicals found in cigarettes). I started at 18mg and have since reduced myself down to 8mg with zero being my goal at the end of next month. I have not touched a cigarette since I started vaping.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:27 AM   #5
edf01
Nick- i did not know the technicalities of the different ecigs ( VPS) I bet my co-worker didnt either. when she got hers- and it was 20 bucks, and you chagre it by putting it in a USB port.

For me- i just dont see the point in buying all that equipment if you are planning to quit- but then again- i am not ready to try to quit- tho i know i said i was gonna.

gives me somthing to think about- didnt know of all that extra stuff to consider.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:59 AM   #6
Focal
Yup, it's definitely a whole other hobby in itself. I haven't tried many models but I am basing a good part of what I know from just reviews on brands. If you aren't sure if it's for you, I would start with something cheap and if you like it, and want more, then there are definitely better models out there.

I had so much trouble quitting over the years because I actually enjoy smoking and the socialization that comes with it. I just hate the damage it does, the smoke, the stank, the ashes, etc and this takes it all away. I feel better, my teeth are whiter, I can vape ANYWHERE. I was doing it at the airport and even on the plane! Once I kill the nicotine habit, I will continue to vape just flavors. It's fun and gives me something to do when I sit there an wait for fish to bite

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!