Welcome! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 03-24-2004, 11:47 PM   #1
WebSlave
Welcome!

This is something else new I am trying out.

I figure that those people who are actively helping me out with the support of this site should also be the ones with a heavier weighting in the direction in which it heads. Perhaps my days of making general requests for feedback and input should be limited to those people who have expressed a tangible display of genuine interest and concern for this site.

So, that is what this forum is for. Everyone invited here will be considered as part of a general steering committee for this site and I will turn to you all for advice and input for issues that affect this site as a whole.

Plus it gives us all a place to discuss issues that may just be of such a nature that we would not want them to be completely public, but I doubt we would discuss anything that would be considered actually secret in nature. If something is being discussed that I would rather not be made public at that time, I will tell you so.

So anyway, welcome all, and I invite you to help me out in trying to make this the BEST reptile/fauna site on the planet. I figure the way to do this is by giving people what they want as much as is humanly possible and to do that I need feedback from a core group of individuals who I feel I can trust to have this site's best interests at heart.

Participation here is not mandatory, of course, but it is definitely solicited with the gratitude for the time you may spend helping me with some issues I feel are better addressed with some advisement rather than my own warped judgement.

Thank you all for your help.

Old 03-25-2004, 12:06 AM   #2
JungleHabitats
Well illbe ...

Sniff Sniff smells like fresh paint in here to me .

Rich glad to help out in anyway i can for you hopefully soon i can offer more for you in the wallet i can say that i do really enjoy the site and everything you do andgo through to make it possible for us to be here will look forward to seeing and talking to you in Raleigh if you are there in May
take care
Alan

Old 03-25-2004, 12:38 AM   #3
robin d.
we need some couches and reclines maybe some blinds or shaeds but it will work..... lets get this booger rolling

Old 03-25-2004, 02:07 PM   #4
Captive Bred Excellence
Rich,

In regards to donations to keep this site up and running. I don't think most contributers have any idea (including myself) the costs involved. I think if you were able to estamate a $ amount per year it might be helpful.

Example: Let's say on an average it costs $1200.00 per year to operate. It would take 48 contributers donating $25 annualy to keep the site running.

By knowing the actual costs contributers could guage what a resonable contribution is as well as be able to suggest this $ amount to other potential donaters.

I realize this is an ever changing figure because of all the different factors. A seperate account could be set up strickly for the costs of this site and adjustments to the suggested minimum donation made accordingly.

Tad

Old 03-25-2004, 03:29 PM   #5
robin d.
very true also, to rid some of the "rolls" or drive by's charge a minimal feed per year to posy both on the boi and post classifieds... of course let everyone very them but to be able to popst in both those areas a smal yearly feed... like say 12 for the boi and 12 for the classifieds or if you want both like 20 or something like that..... i mean rich in all honesty is comes down to be able to keep and and run this site and you have been very generous but some people take advantage of that fact and even if 20-30 a YEAR to posts in these areas thats minimal and in all honesty well worth it to help keep this board running.. and because of the fact is might deture the "rollers and drive bys" might up the integrity of the boi at the same time

by the way rich, can you tell alan to quit staring at me.. he is making me nervous ... he keeps sending me notes that say " drink some of MY kool aid"

Old 03-25-2004, 03:34 PM   #6
robin d.
Quote:
Originally posted by robin d.
very true also, to rid some of the "rolls" or drive by's charge a minimal feed per year to posy both on the boi and post classifieds... of course let everyone very them but to be able to popst in both those areas a smal yearly feed... like say 12 for the boi and 12 for the classifieds or if you want both like 20 or something like that..... i mean rich in all honesty is comes down to be able to keep and and run this site and you have been very generous but some people take advantage of that fact and even if 20-30 a YEAR to posts in these areas thats minimal and in all honesty well worth it to help keep this board running.. and because of the fact is might deture the "rollers and drive bys" might up the integrity of the boi at the same time

by the way rich, can you tell alan to quit staring at me.. he is making me nervous ... he keeps sending me notes that say " drink some of MY kool aid"
now in english

very true also, to rid some of the "trolls" or drive by's charge a minimal fee per year to post, both on the boi and post classifieds... of course let everyone view them but to be able to post in both those areas a smal yearly feed... like say 12 for the boi and 12 for the classifieds or if you want both like 20 or something like that..... i mean rich in all honesty is comes down to be able to keep and run this site and you have been very generous but some people take advantage of that fact and even at 20-30 a YEAR to post in these areas thats minimal and in all honesty well worth it to help keep this board running.. and because of the fact it might deture the "Trollers and drive bys" it might also help up the integrity of the boi at the same time

Old 03-27-2004, 02:24 PM   #7
NEWReptiles
Quote:
Sniff Sniff smells like fresh paint in here to me .
Alan, please stop huffing the paint in here.

Quote:
lets get this booger rolling
Robin, please quit PICKING on Alan......

I hope we can help you out Rich, I am very grateful for what your site has done for me.

Old 03-27-2004, 07:34 PM   #8
Darin Chappell
Reporting for duty as ordered and awaiting further directive, Oh Sultan of the Kool-aide!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!