Regarding multiple ownership? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 07-03-2014, 11:30 PM   #1
MCMB
Regarding multiple ownership?

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot, but couldn't think of where to post.

I have actually been wondering the past few days and figured that I may as well just ask...my friend and I are actually going into business together with ball pythons and have been splitting the costs of everything. This is where the 'MCMB' comes from (Madame Chong and Mr. Burgers). From what I understand, the TOS states that you can't have two people posting under one account, but is this waived in the case of two people working together under the same business name? Or how would we circumvent that to avoid breaking any of the posting rules? Obviously we are not a certified business yet as we are still in the process of setting things up, but I am still curious as to how this works.

Thank you in advance for your responses.

Old 07-03-2014, 11:38 PM   #2
hhmoore
No, the policy is not waived. If your partner is going to post, he will have to register his own account. He can choose a username that is similar to yours (ie MCMB-2) if that is what you both want; or you can both reference the business/partnership in the signature area.

Old 07-03-2014, 11:39 PM   #3
Fangthane
This probably would have been more appropriate in the Feedback Forum, where the "Karma" thread is. At one point, I believe it was allowable for two people to post under the same account, assuming that each post was signed. Now, I'm fairly sure that they're pretty rigid on the one-poster-per-account rule. If you'd become a Contributor Level member, you could change your user name to something like, "Victoria@MCMB"; while your partner could create an account named, "MrBurgers@MCMB".

Old 07-03-2014, 11:39 PM   #4
MCMB
OK perfect, thanks again for the quick responses

Old 07-03-2014, 11:41 PM   #5
MCMB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangthane View Post
This probably would have been more appropriate in the Feedback Forum, where the "Karma" thread is. At one point, I believe it was allowable for two people to post under the same account, assuming that each post was signed. Now, I'm fairly sure that they're pretty rigid on the one-poster-per-account rule. If you'd become a Contributor Level member, you could change your user name to something like, "Victoria@MCMB"; while your partner could create an account named, "MrBurgers@MCMB".
So you're saying to upgrade to the contributor level so that I can change my username, and then we would just have our business information added at the bottom of both of our posts? That seems more professional to me than making a similar account...I feel as if that might get confusing for people.

Old 07-03-2014, 11:45 PM   #6
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMB View Post
So you're saying to upgrade to the contributor level so that I can change my username, and then we would just have our business information added at the bottom of both of our posts? That seems more professional to me than making a similar account...I feel as if that might get confusing for people.
No. No matter what, you'll both need to have your own accounts.

You can always put a business name either in your signature, or you can create a "Custom User Title" that will show up directly underneath your user name. Neither of those options require a paid membership.

Old 07-04-2014, 06:00 PM   #7
Ed Clark
There are added perks to becoming a contributing member.

Old 07-04-2014, 06:40 PM   #8
Big Borg Reptiles
As you can see, I took the advice given by these gentlemen and opened my own account instead of looking over Victoria's shoulder every day :P. I realize that there are benefits to the membership, and we're working on opening a business account with which to set up a recurring one on both of these accounts. $25 ($50 total, I suppose) seems pretty reasonable for a yearly fee for a site if you plan on being involved in it to any extent.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!