Senegal chameleon - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-17-2017, 10:58 AM   #1
terrobite
Senegal chameleon

Hey so I'm purchasing a Senegal chameleon from this guy including its full set up and he's assured me it isn't wild caught and it's parasite free and it's healthy now I've been doing some research and there's very little on Senegals I've read that graceful as and flapnecks are very similar in care is this true? Also if anyone does know things about senegals would you say there hardy chams? Also there's some photos the setup and the cham how does everything look in your opinion and I've read the red light is more of a hinderence to most reptiles so I will be replacing that

Old 06-17-2017, 11:01 AM   #2
terrobite
Pictures of Senegal and setup

The pictures
Attached Images

Old 06-17-2017, 08:52 PM   #3
Dyscophus antongilii
While, I am not personally familiar with Chamaeleo dilepis, I believe most are indeed W.C. But, I could be completely wrong. Your set up looks very nice. However, again, I am NOT familiar with Chamaeleo dilepis overall. But, that is a set-up I have used for other Chamaeleo species.

I am going to be posting some links for you to look at: http://www.reptilesmagazine.com/Care...eck-Chameleon/ and http://www.reptilesmagazine.com/Adva...-Keepers-Only/ .

Sorry, I could not be more helpful. Hopefully, someone with more hands on experience can chime in.

Old 06-18-2017, 05:35 PM   #4
Hlemunyon12
I do not know much about Chameleons but I do know a bit about figuring out wether an animal is captive bred or wild caught. Generally wild caught animals are less expensive than captive bred and have slightly different appearances than that of C.B. Now, even if an animal is wild caught it may still be perfectly healthy and just fine. So if a deal seems to good to be true, then it probably isn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!