Looking for iquana. - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Iguanas

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 06:14 PM   #11
Marine iquana
Anyone i will pay to
  Contact User Check User
Old 03-17-2008, 06:50 PM   #12
Tim Cole
How many of the EVIl things do you want?

Before I say anymore, post pictures of your caging and tell about your experience with them. Most people that contact me about taking them do not have proper caging or experience. Green Iguanas are one of the 3 most common herps dumped on shelters and rescues. If you are legitimate in your endeavors, there are plenty of rescues out there. I would charge shipping only.

Old 03-17-2008, 07:35 PM   #13
Seamus Haley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Cole
Before I say anymore, post pictures of your caging and tell about your experience with them. Most people that contact me about taking them do not have proper caging or experience. Green Iguanas are one of the 3 most common herps dumped on shelters and rescues. If you are legitimate in your endeavors, there are plenty of rescues out there. I would charge shipping only.
May want to take it slow and careful- the comment about not being able to drive led me to check the user profile and the listed birthdate is March 29, 1994. Unexpected adult iguanas don't seem like the kind of thing a parent would always be happy to see.

Old 03-17-2008, 08:48 PM   #14
Marine iquana
I already asked my parent if I could have one, and also what does it matter how old I am. Ok sir here is the stuff for my iguana also I am home schooled so i cant devote the time to the animal.

I have the book called ( The simple guide to iguanas by Tom Mazorlig )
I can provide it with natural sunlight.
I have the food for it.
I have the cage.

Also I will get pic in a minute. One more thing, What bottom should I use? I have read the news paper works good but is Bed a B east okay for them.
  Contact User Check User
Old 03-17-2008, 08:54 PM   #15
Tim Cole
Maybe

you are not aware but Iguanas get large and almost always will bite, scratch, whip their tail, and run away. They do not make good pets. They require a cage with a minimum of 100 square feet. There are a lot of other lizards out there that make better pets you may want to consider. Why do you think these are the number one dumped pet lizards?

Old 03-17-2008, 09:05 PM   #16
Marine iquana
I finally typed a list of the pets i have and why i want it.
here is the list
50+tarantulas, Musk turtles x3, 20 Giant centipedes, 2 fire belly toads, plated lizard, bearded dragon, hognose snake, 5 five lined skinks, lesser siren, 30+ madagascar hissing roaches, 200+ Guyana orange spot roaches, Several species of jumping spiders, red trapdoor, calfornia trapdoor, orange huntsman, mole cricket, munchie my dog , many fish, loepard geckos

Why i want it is
I have always liked Animals and I can take good care of them. I would like to study and learn how to take care of many different animals. My dad lets me have many different animals and I know how to take care of them. Also my dad has had 2 iguanas before. I want to be a Wild life biologist specalizing in entomology.

I sorry my camera isn't working but I have a set up.
The deminsions are 9 feet tall and 4 wide.

i dont know if this will help but this is the type of setups we do for our animals. Oh and these are my pics.
http://img114.imageshack.us/my.php?i...shtank2yl9.jpg
you cann see others to see im telling the truth and if you need anything else just ask.
  Contact User Check User
Old 03-17-2008, 09:06 PM   #17
Marine iquana
We have a spare romm in our house for it
  Contact User Check User
Old 03-18-2008, 06:16 PM   #18
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine iquana
We have a spare romm in our house for it

If your father is allowing you to get an iguana, surely he would also drive you to go adopt one, free of cost, or for a minimal adoption fee

Old 04-19-2008, 04:10 PM   #19
darkbloodwyvern
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine iquana
I finally typed a list of the pets i have and why i want it.
here is the list
50+tarantulas, Musk turtles x3, 20 Giant centipedes, 2 fire belly toads, plated lizard, bearded dragon, hognose snake, 5 five lined skinks, lesser siren, 30+ madagascar hissing roaches, 200+ Guyana orange spot roaches, Several species of jumping spiders, red trapdoor, calfornia trapdoor, orange huntsman, mole cricket, munchie my dog , many fish, loepard geckos

Why i want it is
I have always liked Animals and I can take good care of them. I would like to study and learn how to take care of many different animals. My dad lets me have many different animals and I know how to take care of them. Also my dad has had 2 iguanas before. I want to be a Wild life biologist specalizing in entomology.

I sorry my camera isn't working but I have a set up.
The deminsions are 9 feet tall and 4 wide.

i dont know if this will help but this is the type of setups we do for our animals. Oh and these are my pics.
http://img114.imageshack.us/my.php?i...shtank2yl9.jpg
you cann see others to see im telling the truth and if you need anything else just ask.

If you can't drive yet, perhaps it would be best to wait until you have a driver's liscence so you can take your iggy to the vet if there's an emergency. It's nothing against you personally, but many people have adopted or sold large snakes and lizards to kids and gotten yelled at by angry parents when something goes wrong. Or they have horror stories about young kids being hurt or letting the animal die because their parents didn't want to be responsible for it when the kid stopped taking care of it. It sounds like you have a lot of animals already to care for, and you can use them as proof later on to get an iguana. You should have your dad talk with someone at a rescue somewhat close to you (maybe 2-3 hours of driving!) and make sure that he is willing to care for it if your iguana turns too aggressive for you to safely care for it. People usually do not adopt or sell animals to anyone under 18 because of legal issues. That doesn't mean a 10, 13 or 17 year old person CAN'T do a good job taking care of an animal, but in many cases, the animal or owners get hurt and no one wants to give you an animal that will hurt you or your family. Iguanas can be more work that a dog or even some kinds of birds. A lot of people over 18 can't even handle one as a pet! I know i couldn't!
so please understand that it's something that people are nervous about. Over the internet we can't tell if you are 9 years old or 90! You may know you can do it, but we can't. You will need to call or meet up with someone in person, and be sure that they can trust you with an iguana. Your dad will probably have to help you out by also talking to the person with the iggy and reassuring them that it is a pet not to be bred and will be well taken care of. And be careful yourself, there are a lot of dishonest people on the internet. I've had people take my money and never send what i purchased from them. Think of how horrible it would be to lose your iggy fund to some jerk who just takes your money. if your dad has the experience, talk to him about it, if he thinks you are ready, he should be willing to help. You may need to give him money for gas and wait until he has the time to take you to a rescue. Most people do not ship iguanas and do not sell or adopt them to minors. It sucks, but there are usually reasons for these kinds of things. Just be sure this is actually something you are doing for the love of the animal, not just because it is cool, and that kind of thing. Be careful and plan everything out, don't take an iggy just because it is there, it might be sick if someone is just giving it away! It would be horrible to finally get an iguana and have it die soon after you get it because it's last owner was just looking to scam you for your money!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread