Homestead Reptile Farm Site Of SRT Standoff - March 31, 2011 3:30 PM - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 04-02-2011, 04:50 PM   #31
Philsuma
A little more in-depth discussion going on over here....

http://www.fieldherpforum.com/forum/...=5290&start=25

Old 04-03-2011, 09:58 AM   #32
Philsuma
^^^ Thread locked / removed

Old 04-03-2011, 03:39 PM   #33
JColt
What a shame. I met him in 1978 or 79. He was doing something at gatorland. Tom was real nice.

Old 04-05-2011, 12:58 AM   #34
SrpntHntr
TC

So what is the latest and greatest on this? I see Crutchfield's period of mourning is over as he is posting ads today. It makes one curious as to what will happen to the "farm" since the apparent owner is deceased? Are we bad people if we buy animals during the fire sale before the animals or their value are tied up in probate and litigation for B.S. estate? Is there any recourse on purchasers of that sort of property or does it fall back on the seller? Has anyone heard if the fish and game folks are pulling permits or confiscating animals yet? I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm just curious. This sort of thing makes me wonder just how many ways the law can make a herper's life more difficult during an already difficult time for Crutchfield.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:28 PM   #35
arbor1
tom suckered bruce into leaving everything to him and patti
I would stay away from buying from him just to be safe though

Old 04-06-2011, 09:15 AM   #36
GreenCountryHerp
Wow this whole situation is a real shocker to me. Tom seems like a great guy and has done alot for the reptile community. I hope things pan out for him.

Old 04-06-2011, 10:18 AM   #37
brd7666
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbor1 View Post
tom suckered bruce into leaving everything to him and patti
I would stay away from buying from him just to be safe though
I would say that you have some kind of a problem with Tom. You joined this site right after this thread was started, and you contacted me in a pm, to try and find out what kind of things I heard regarding this whole situation. I have no intention of sharing that information with you, or anyone else on an open forum. I'm sure you know very little to nothing about Tom, and Bruce's business arrangments, and how they came about.

So how about showing us some proof of your comments, especially about how Tom suckered Bruce. If you are so knowledgable about Tom, and Bruce's dealing's, it should be easy for you. What do you say?
Attached Images

Old 04-06-2011, 10:23 AM   #38
brd7666
If you look at the time and date on that screen shot of the pm, you will see it is before she even had a single post on this site. So the first thing she did was contact me about this whole thing. Why is that?

Old 04-06-2011, 11:57 AM   #39
Robert Potts
Known him for almost 20 years and it's so hard to believe he's gone. Always was impressed with Bruce. His knowledge, husbandry and quality of animals was top notch. He had some property in a little town in the Tampa Bay area called Safety Harbor and it was so sweet, like a different country, wonder if he managed to sell it since his move to Miami. I'll honestly miss Bruce, so sad.

Old 04-06-2011, 02:03 PM   #40
Dennis Hultman
Bites tongue.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!