male Blue Iguana (9yrs) must sell - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Iguanas

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 09:34 PM   #1
asia_sky
male Iguana (9yrs) must sell

I own an iguana that I have had since not long after its hatching - bought directly from a breeder at a Maryland reptile show. He is approx 9 years old and is over 6 foot and >15 lbs. He has not been in a cage since he was about 4 months old. He has been raised on fresh vegetables and fruits - no iguana chow. He needs a loving home because my job requires that I travel often and I can no longer care for him. I hope to have some photos available soon. Please only serious inquiries. I am afraid that if he cannot find a new home I will have to euthanize him.
Please post any serious inquiries here and I will be notified by e-mail.
-M

Well I was told by the man I bought him from as a hatchling that he was a blue iguana. I was just put in my place by some dude on here, when he told me that he's nothing but a green.
  Contact User Check User
Old 12-14-2004, 09:58 PM   #2
gila7150
must sell?
Wouldn't it be better to give a healthy animal away before having it euthanized? Contact your local herp society to see if someone might be willing to adopt it if you are no longer able to care for it.

Old 12-14-2004, 10:01 PM   #3
Winter
Hi,

Can you ship your iguana? Have you contacted any of the iguana rescue groups in your area? Are you asking an adoption fee? I can only urge you to have patience and hold off on euthanizing a healthy animal until an appropriate home can be found- there are many rescue groups that work with iguanas as well as hobbyists that would be able to adequately care for him. If shipping is an option, I know of a few people in my area (Florida) that would be interested in him. If shipping is an option, please contact me and I will see what I can find.

Thanks,

Lauren Rost

Old 12-14-2004, 10:19 PM   #4
asia_sky
One Time

OK for all those bleeding hearts out there...
I have contacted the National Aquarium in Baltimore and the Zoo, I have contacted the Iguana Rescue for the East Coast.
All of these places have said, "Sorry we would love to help, but we can't".

I will say this again... SERIOUS INQUIRIES only....
This is a VERY LARGE male Iguana.
This is not for the casual pet owner.
I have been searching for over a year for a way to alternately house this iguana. I have owned him for his entire life except maybe 1 month - post hatching. He needs a lot of ROOM to live in... he currently has an entire bedroom in a rowhouse to himself. I wish I could care for him for his entire life span, but I have failed. I have done my best for him for 9 years. I don't want to have to put him down, but there just aren't that many options for a 6+ foot nearly 20+lb iguana.

The reason I am trying to SELL him is because I cannot risk GIVING him to someone who does not understand what they are getting into. He is very healthy and could live for another 11 years or more if cared for as well as he has been or better.

All terms of sale will be discussed only with SERIOUSLY INTERESTED parties.

-M
  Contact User Check User
Old 12-15-2004, 11:46 AM   #5
hd1265
I would be very interested in your iguana.Would shipping be an option.I can explain to you how to do it if you have never shipped an iguana before.Can you post some pictures of him also.I am very aware of what you have and how to care for him.Whatever you do do not put this animal to sleep.

Old 12-16-2004, 04:59 PM   #6
CoolXterior
May I make a suggestion?

I completely understand your desire to include an adoption fee to "weed out" interested individuals who aren't fully committed or aware of what they are getting into. I also understand how difficult it can be to place an iguana this size. I'm not sure of whether you're aware of this or not, but if you go to the Green Iguana Society's webpage (http://www.greenigsociety.org/) they have a great adoption board. The nice thing about their adoption board is that you have the option of allowing green iguana society administrators to screen all potential adoption applications for you. This is a nice tool to make sure of who you're adopting to. Such a beautiful blue iguana that is so healthy would definately attract attention, particularly if you had some nice photos. Forgive me if this is an option you've already tried. I just wanted to throw it out there as a suggestion for you to try as opposed to putting him down. Good Luck!

Old 12-17-2004, 09:09 AM   #7
jpwranglertj
Iguana

I might be interested in your iguana. Can you send a picture. I drive to Maryland frequently for business. I have 30 years experience handling Iguanas.

Old 12-17-2004, 06:41 PM   #8
pat brown
is it a cyclura or a iguana iguana?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asia_sky
I own a blue iguana that I have had since not long after its hatching - bought directly from a breeder at a Maryland reptile show. He is approx 9 years old and is over 6 foot and >15 lbs. He has not been in a cage since he was about 4 months old. He has been raised on fresh vegetables and fruits - no iguana chow. He needs a loving home because my job requires that I travel often and I can no longer care for him. I hope to have some photos available soon. Please only serious inquiries. I am afraid that if he cannot find a new home I will have to euthanize him.
Please post any serious inquiries here and I will be notified by e-mail.
-M
If it is cayman Isle blue I will offer $300.00 and I have plenty of room. he sounds like he's a little dominant.I have other blues.So I do know how to maintain them.Just let me know if it's a common or a cayman. thank you blue_borris@yahoo.com :

Old 12-17-2004, 08:57 PM   #9
noe montalvo
iguana

interested in your iguana reach me at montalvo1111@hotmail.com
so we can discus price and shiping if optional

Old 12-20-2004, 09:45 PM   #10
noe montalvo
interested in your iguana, i sent you a private messege, please write me at montalvo1111@hotmail.com
serious offer

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread