USARK & Reptile Nation Save 5 of 9 species from FWS Constrictor Rule! - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 01-19-2012, 09:21 PM   #61
Metachrosis
Because the sheeple led only by legalism will follow.
As with all Laws,its up to the Officer(s)standing in front of you
Law is enacted,enforced or affected by "Interpretation"

Old 01-19-2012, 09:22 PM   #62
Lair of Dragons
And one more....probably the one with the most answered questions that you all may have

http://www.fws.gov/verobeach/PythonP...stingFAQs1.pdf

Travis
Lair of Dragons

Old 01-19-2012, 09:25 PM   #63
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
And, thousands of Americans will be subject to felony prosecution if they transport listed snakes accross state lines.
And here is the part that no-one has even thought about yet. I have never had any of these large snakes, but think about what I am about to say.

I live in NE Arkansas and my reptile vet is in Memphis TN... just across the state line. Now if I want to take my reptile to the vet I am commiting a felony because I crossed state lines to see my vet.

Old 01-19-2012, 09:28 PM   #64
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
You may want to start with the US Constitution. The US federal government was only granted authority and jurisdiction over interstate COMMERCE. That also applies to any agency OF the federal government.
Since when has the US Govt cared about the constitiution? How many times have they trampled all over it.

Old 01-19-2012, 09:28 PM   #65
Lair of Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Wolf View Post
And here is the part that no-one has even thought about yet. I have never had any of these large snakes, but think about what I am about to say.

I live in NE Arkansas and my reptile vet is in Memphis TN... just across the state line. Now if I want to take my reptile to the vet I am commiting a felony because I crossed state lines to see my vet.
You are correct....IT IS A FELONY
Travis
Lair of Dragons

Old 01-19-2012, 09:36 PM   #66
Southern Wolf
Oh... I know Im correct. I was making a statement not asking a question. My point is... that folks that are in the same boat as me (where they live vs. where their vet is) could get in major trouble just for taking a sick or injured animal into the vet. The same vet that they have seen for years or decades. It's not like reptile vets are a dime a dozen. In some areas of the country they are hard to come by.

Old 01-19-2012, 09:45 PM   #67
GREGORY J HALL
Better join USARK we need to combine our efforts!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-19-2012, 09:45 PM   #68
Lair of Dragons
I live in PA and I have yet to find a vet that has a clue about reptiles...I usually had to tell them what is wrong and what I need to fix it when I WAS RUNNING a Reptile Rescue. I still have one that calls me to this day to ask for advice...
Travis
Lair of Dragons

Old 01-19-2012, 09:46 PM   #69
Lair of Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGORY J HALL View Post
Better join USARK we need to combine our efforts!!!!!!!!!!
Already did and trying to get others.

Travis
Lair of Dragons

Old 01-19-2012, 09:47 PM   #70
Metachrosis
Take your critters as you have always done,
continue at your discretion to remove tags from pillows and mattress's as well

The HEART OF AMERICA indeeds pumps Kool-Aid!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!