Shiznitz has hit the fan - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 09-23-2016, 09:14 PM   #1
Mistyck
Shiznitz has hit the fan

We have had a really rough week. Over the weekend when we were camping, my kids were playing outside in the dark with some glow sticks. They were running around like crazy chickens with their heads cut off having a good time while us adults were sitting around the fire talking. My daughter came running up to me saying, "Brother Fell." Well...Long story very short; He wound up breaking his femur in his right leg. I spent all evening with him at one hospital, and we were then transferred to another hospital around midnight. The pediatric orthopedic surgeon told me that they would have to put him under anesthesia in order to properly set & cast his leg. So he wound up having to go into "surgery" to get everything done. The procedure took approximately 1.5 hours. In total we spent 2 days in the hospital.

My poor little boy is so frustrated since he can't move on his own, and I'm exhausted from a lack of sleep this week. Not only am I taking care of him, but I am still having to make sure my daughter is up, ready for school & taken to school, along with helping her with homework & and any school activities that may have already been planned. On top of that, I have my own appointments I'm having to make sure I get taken care of & the kids dad has to work all during this time as well.

All in all, my little boy will be in the cast for 4-6 weeks (maybe longer, we won't know until a few appointments in.)

He was going to go as Nemo for Halloween, but I guess he's going to go as a "Purple People Eater" now. lol (He's eating a fruit cup after his "surgery" in the picture.)
Attached Images

Old 09-23-2016, 09:19 PM   #2
Helenthereef
Ouch, I feel your (his) pain. A monster week. The good news is that they heal so fast and well at that age - I'm sure before you know it you'll have to be stopping him running around in that cast.

He looks so sorry for himself in that photo.

Old 09-23-2016, 09:37 PM   #3
Mistyck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef View Post
Ouch, I feel your (his) pain. A monster week. The good news is that they heal so fast and well at that age - I'm sure before you know it you'll have to be stopping him running around in that cast.

He looks so sorry for himself in that photo.
Thanks Helen. Unfortunately, he can't stand or even sit up straight in his cast. It goes from above his waist, down to the knee on his left leg, and all the way down to his ankle on his right leg. He has to be propped up at all times, or in a laying position. We even had to get a loaner car seat from the hospital that accommodates for the position & the cast that he's in.

Old 09-24-2016, 05:36 AM   #4
Lucille
Oh no! I'm so sorry that happened! Any chance your insurance might help you pay for a housekeeper for a few weeks so you can concentrate on your family? Trying to do it all yourself is going to get you frazzled...

Old 09-24-2016, 11:48 AM   #5
Pasodama
Ow! Poor little guy. Wishing him a speedy recovery.
Hope all can go as smooth as possible, for you, during your son's recovery.
This will be a good time to not sweat the small stuff. If it can wait, let it wait.

Old 09-24-2016, 03:11 PM   #6
Mistyck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Oh no! I'm so sorry that happened! Any chance your insurance might help you pay for a housekeeper for a few weeks so you can concentrate on your family? Trying to do it all yourself is going to get you frazzled...
No, that's a "luxury" not a "need" lol But my In-laws have been so helpful. Their dad asked me to come where he works this morning so I could get some stuff done, and they came over and watched both kids for a couple hours. Then my daughter had a birthday party to go to and they took her for me.

*sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasodama View Post
Ow! Poor little guy. Wishing him a speedy recovery.
Hope all can go as smooth as possible, for you, during your son's recovery.
This will be a good time to not sweat the small stuff. If it can wait, let it wait.

We seem to have found a good rhythm. I just feel so horrible for him. I'm going to see if we can borrow a wagon so we can go on a "walk" tomorrow. Might help lift his spirits. :-) But you're right, anything that's not critical, it's waiting! lol

Old 09-25-2016, 01:39 PM   #7
Lucille
Hopefully, you've gotten some sleep. And I hope your son is doing better, for a little one like that to have to be still is hard for them.

Old 10-11-2016, 05:27 PM   #8
Reptiles 101
Hows the kiddo doing? He must be very uncomfortable poor little guy.

Old 10-13-2016, 09:15 PM   #9
Mistyck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptiles 101 View Post
Hows the kiddo doing? He must be very uncomfortable poor little guy.
He's ok. His next appt is Oct 27th. They may wind up taking off the cast at that time, or we may have to wait another 2 weeks. He is still frustrated beyond all belief and running me ragged since he can't get up and get what he wants, or come ask me a question. lol But we're coping. lol

Old 10-13-2016, 09:53 PM   #10
Reptiles 101
Glad to hear you guys are doing better.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!