New Member - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 11-13-2016, 01:45 PM   #1
kornel351

Hey there my name is kornel in 17 almost going onto 18.I was born on the island of saint Lucia where my dad was a farmer as well as a cop.We took care of chickens but my family also had pigs ,dogs and other birds. When I was 9 or 10 I moved to the states (New York City).I currently have 2 Parrots a green cheek conure and a cockatiel that we trained to talk.I also keep freshwater fish gouramis,tiger Oscars,fire mouth cichlids ,green terror cichlids ,fire eels,plecos,gold fish ,bettas, African cichlids currently many different kinds of mbuna's blood parrots and black ghost knife fish .I also keep saltwater fish like Hawaiian trigger fish,snow flake moray eel,green mandarin ,lawnmower blenny ,scooter blenny, yellow tang, sailfin tang and other saltwater fish.But My recent new hobby is now the herps. About a month ago I have decided to get a baby bearded dragon .He is currently in a 10 gallon which is inside a 55 gallon tank that will be his home when I could get a bigger much higher decoration for him to bask on since I know for sure the heat lamp would be way to far if I put him 55.The beardies current temporary setup is a fish decoration that is high enough for a 10 gallon.He has a 75w day heat lamp as well as a 75w night lamp since its cold here in the night.He also has a Reptisun 10.0 UVB/UVA bulb which I run about 12 hours everyday.I feed him crickets,superworms,wax worms,mealworms( I also give him baths regularly to make sure he isn't impacted).I'm going to work on breeding dubia roaches pretty soon as I have a tank for them but I just need a heat mat.He/she recently just started eating its veggies which is mostly bok choy and I throw in Rep- Cal growth formula pellets.He is supplemented with Rep-Cal Calcium with D3 around 3 times a week in one serving and Rep-Cal Herptivite every 2 times a week.All insects are gut loaded with Flukers High- Calcium Diet and Flukers Cricket Quencher water gel also with some veggies and fish food .I don't use sand but I might consider it once the beardie is a adult .I use paper towel instead and clean his cage once a week.He has a temperature and humidity gauge. Any suggestions ? Bye😂 and happy herping !!

Old 11-13-2016, 01:51 PM   #2
Zincubus
Welcome !!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 11-13-2016, 05:21 PM   #3
kornel351
Thanks also any good names for a beardie?

Old 11-13-2016, 05:52 PM   #4
Zincubus
Quote:
Originally Posted by kornel351 View Post
Thanks also any good names for a beardie?
Kenny ?

( Roberts ? - beard ? )

Old 11-14-2016, 02:35 AM   #5
Zincubus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
Kenny ?

( Roberts ? - beard ? )

Make that Kenny Rogers (the singer) as Kenny Roberts is a motorcycle world champion and doesn't have a beard

Old 11-14-2016, 08:13 PM   #6
kornel351
I think I prefer Kenny Roberts .I myself am planning on getting into motorcycling myself saving up for either a Yamaha R1 or R6 or a Kawasaki ninja 650.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!