The BOI will be coming to an end on 02-02-2020 - Page 35 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 03-28-2020, 04:16 PM   #341
RichsBallPythons
Facebook has killed the online market for reptiles or animals in general.

Do not lose hope, The site will get an insane of traffic like it was before!

You Could make a Fauna BOI facebook group that is peer reviewed. Unless a Member HERE you cannont Join. Might help kill your stress of monitoring it as much.

Old 03-28-2020, 06:34 PM   #342
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichsBallPythons View Post

You Could make a Fauna BOI facebook group that is peer reviewed. Unless a Member HERE you cannont Join. Might help kill your stress of monitoring it as much.
There are already two fairly well-trafficked feedback groups. There was a third that had a ton of members but the problem with Facebook is that if people "report" a post to Facebook too often then the whole group gets clobbered without warning. So, the bad guys and their friends figured out how to make bad reviews go away.

Old 03-28-2020, 07:59 PM   #343
WebSlave
Quote:

Sorry, but Facebook just isn't my cup of tea. Never was, and likely never will be. I don't like the structure (such that it is) of the site, don't like the owner personally, and do not like the policies that he shoves down peoples' throats. But I'm sure it is great for the "look at me" selfie generation, though.

As for losing hope, I think the phrase is "lost hope". That happened when I decided to shut down the BOI when I looked hard at the facts and statistics. And no, I am not holding my breath concerning any thoughts that traffic will come back here. I honestly don't see that happening.

Best I can hope for is that this site will still have enough traffic and financial support to modestly survive as long as I and/or Connie do, and that is about it. If it doesn't? Oh well. Very little is guaranteed in life. I'm sure I will find something else to do with my time.

Heck, speaking of which, I have seen a downturn recently, which I suppose is being influenced by this coronavirus thing. I'm guessing a lot of people are hurting financially, or are thinking they might be hurting in the real near future, so they are holding onto every nickle they can right now. I'm sure show promoters have been kicked hard because of this, and obviously don't need to advertise a show that has been, or is likely to be, cancelled. I'm guessing if this drags on for a long enough time, that might dramatically impact this site as well. Nothing I have any control over, so all I can do is try to hang on as best I can and just see what tomorrow brings.

Old 03-28-2020, 08:05 PM   #344
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
There are already two fairly well-trafficked feedback groups. There was a third that had a ton of members but the problem with Facebook is that if people "report" a post to Facebook too often then the whole group gets clobbered without warning. So, the bad guys and their friends figured out how to make bad reviews go away.
Yeah, I suppose that Facebook isn't inclined to stick it's neck out like I used to do for you all. Which, push come to shove, is likely a much smarter business plan to follow anyway, if making money is your goal.

Old 03-28-2020, 08:23 PM   #345
RichsBallPythons
Whats needed to get the traffic back. Ill do what i can to keep it going, I prefer this site over ks, MM and FB than anything.

Any Ideas ill help with.

Old 03-29-2020, 12:13 AM   #346
WebSlave
Quote:
Whats needed to get the traffic back. Ill do what i can to keep it going, I prefer this site over ks, MM and FB than anything.

Any Ideas ill help with.
Beats me. I honestly don't know. Over the years I have tried a lot of different things, but they pretty much turned out to be a waste of time and effort. And in some cases a waste of money spent to do custom programming to implement one suggestion or another.

Obviously there is something missing here that people are looking for elsewhere.

Old 03-29-2020, 12:55 AM   #347
DLenaRuth999s
The pandemic is absolutely affecting this site. I have noticed a significant reduction in new sales posts. I’m sure a lot of that is due to the fear of shipping delays/reductions as well as the very real need to conserve finances to weather the income losses. I expect, the longer this continues, the more likely it will be that people will have to downsize their collections to cover their basics, resulting in some excellent deals. Then. when things pick up, people will be able to shop again to restart their projects or round out their collections.

Old 04-05-2020, 09:34 PM   #348
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLenaRuth999s View Post
The pandemic is absolutely affecting this site. I have noticed a significant reduction in new sales posts. I’m sure a lot of that is due to the fear of shipping delays/reductions as well as the very real need to conserve finances to weather the income losses. I expect, the longer this continues, the more likely it will be that people will have to downsize their collections to cover their basics, resulting in some excellent deals. Then. when things pick up, people will be able to shop again to restart their projects or round out their collections.
Yeah, it certainly is affecting this site. Banner advertising is WAY down, as are click throughs for the Google ads. Sponsorships and paid memberships have dropped off too. I haven't audited the sponsorship ads lately, so I'm sure when I do that a lot of them will be deleted from the forums. That isn't automated like some other stuff here, so I put if off much longer than I really should.

I guess a lot of businesses will go under because of this. Which will likely include online only businesses too.

Tough times are ahead, it appears.

Old 04-05-2020, 10:22 PM   #349
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLenaRuth999s View Post

You are exactly right, you wouldn't believe the deals I've gotten just this last week. I'm talking 60% off. It's going to get really tough on some, with the stay at home orders, the only jobs are the essentials, the rest are left with unemployment benefits, which doesn't pay the bills. Everyone knows, I don't have too spell it out with more negativity.

In addition, from what I'm hearing from around the country, from the front line Doctors, nurses, and first responders, that I personally know, it's going to get a lot worst before it gets better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
I guess a lot of businesses will go under because of this. Which will likely include online only businesses too.

Tough times are ahead, it appears.

Can't agree with you more Rich. Until this blows over, it's looking pretty bleak for a lot of good people. It's no different than days past, our parents, and grandparents, went through a pandemic, a depression, and 3 wars, they did what they had too do, and because they stood tall, helped one another, and endured, here we are! Now it's our turn, too stand tall, help one another, and ENDURE!

It's not the end of the world or our time, it's just a catch in our get along!

Help one another, pray for one another, this too will pass!

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 04-06-2020, 08:01 AM   #350
E.Shell
With even tigers testing positive for WuFlu, you might need to name your new pet 'Typhoid Mary'.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!