Regurgitation Help-Trying to throw-up, nothing coming out?? - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-25-2011, 06:40 PM   #61
Matt2979
Ok. Guess I'm probably picturing a bigger tube than would actually be used.

Old 02-25-2011, 11:17 PM   #62
crotalusadamanteus
I use a secondary syringe with a tad bit of water in it. I disconnect the syringe from the tube, leaving the tube in place, and attach the second syringe to wash the rest of the meds out of the tube and down the hatch.

Old 02-25-2011, 11:26 PM   #63
crotalusadamanteus
http://tongs.com/ball-tipdosingneedl...lesssteel.aspx

Handy tool to have on hand for those eventualities. I'm sure if you explained to Bret the urgency involved, he might try to get it to you a little faster if you have trouble finding a tube fast enough. Most vets however should have urethral catheters, and this vet should have given you one for proper administration.

[EDIT] Meant to say get the longer dosing needle in the link if you go that route. the others are great for lizards, but the longer curved one is best for snakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elepheguttata007 View Post
I really appreciate all that, and am horrible with sarcasm. but thanks for filling all that out for me..I haven't been able to get ahold of the vet yet, and no, it's just a normal syringe. :/ I left a message with the assistant so hopefully she will get back to me and I can post what her explanation is...
Thanks again.

Old 02-28-2011, 04:02 PM   #64
mxracer4life
How is she doing? Any update?

Old 03-17-2011, 12:44 AM   #65
Elepheguttata007
Sorry it's been a while. Doing great, didn't need much. The dosage wasn't 2cc but .02cc or something like that when I talked to her. Seemingly completely cured. Thanks

Old 03-17-2011, 06:56 AM   #66
crotalusadamanteus
Symptoms might be gone, but I'd suggest maintaining the warmer temps for a while to avoid relapse. Having a slower metabolism mean healing is slower too.

Glad to hear things are looking up for your critter.

Old 03-18-2011, 04:32 PM   #67
Snakesitter
Glad to hear the recovery went well! Congrats!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!