IBD disease / My ball and my boas - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-18-2007, 04:33 PM   #71
Miss Tuniwha
No, you didn't SAY you were gonna keep a few alive.. But you seemed quite determined to try.

THAT is where I had issues. And I have made that quite clear. The audacity to even contemplate it.. THAT .. is what ticked me off. Your lack of concern for others. No, it is NOT conclusive, no one knows exactly how it is spread. But I think that is all the more reason to be extra cautious.

Old 10-18-2007, 04:34 PM   #72
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Secondly, READ MY POSTS I HAVE NEVER SAID THAT I WAS NOT GOING TO EUTHENIZE the snakes. I MERELY asked Why I could not keep them. I also WENT ON TO GIVE you THE responses of other people regarding the disease, I also tried to make a very important point that NO ONE SEEMS TO WANT TO ADDRESS,

Quote:
I know my snakes have it, I will never do anything to ever put someones collection at risk, but euthenizing healhy boas is not the answer, not putting them with other snakes and especially pythons is definitely good advice. But I like every other person who enjoys going to shows, will shower put clean clothes on and go to a show and enjoy it like everyone else who owns a boa.

Thanks for your time and let the onslaught begin. Please do not think I am rude if I do not respond ny further. I have had a very long week and frankly I want to put this behind me!

Old 10-18-2007, 04:43 PM   #73
Seamus Haley
Alright... as a hypothetical here, I'm going to assume Mike is telling the truth. I don't think he is, but I am not certain either way yet.

First, Mike, you have definitely spoken to someone who has lied to you about IBD. About it's transmission, about how common it is, about how it presents itself. If you went back to the breeder who produced your animals looking for information on a condition that they have been shown through pathology reports to have, then the breeder lied to you so that you would not pursue the matter. IF that is what happened, they are a bad person and need to be shown for what they are. Hell, whoever told you much of what you seem to believe is so blatantly incorrect that they should probably be named anyway, so people can be made aware of the source of the lies.

If you do have IBD, you need to do a few things.

You need to euthanize the animals you still have.

You need to destroy anything which they have been exposed to- water dishes, caging, handling equipment and so forth.

You need to contact the pet store you boarded your snakes at and let them know what has happened. The duration of time you have indicated from symptoms to death is extremely short and it's unlikely that anything was transmitted during the stay at the pet store between your animals... but possible that something was transmitted from your stock to the animals in the store. Inform them so they can take the appropriate steps.

If you have owned these animals for a relatively short period of time and the vet pathology supports your statements, you need to inform the individual who sold you the animals as well. If you have already done that and that individual is the one who gave you all this miserable crap about the condition being extremely common, then you need to carefully assemble all of your information in a clear, concise manner and create a BOI thread with all the details.

All assuming, of course, that you're not simply a filthy attention seeking liar.

Old 10-18-2007, 04:43 PM   #74
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmurphy
No he's not selling his snakes. (At least on Fauna) He asked for his ads to be deleted and was told how to do it himself.
Yes he is. There are ads on Fauna for boas, cages, and bearded dragons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjcnj
spj did not get my PM
I got your PM. I just don't trust someone to delete their ads who sees nothing wrong with keeping snakes known to be infected with IBD.

I posted a link to this thread in your ads so people would know what the risk is if they buy from you if the ads remain on Fauna.

BTW, a month old ad is nothing. I see people reply to ads that are years old on here.

Old 10-18-2007, 04:44 PM   #75
mjcnj
MISS TUNWIA, YOU STILL ARE AVOIDING THE BIG PROBLEM. i FOUND MINE OUR POSITIVE, i AM DOING SOME THING ABOUT IT, BUT WHO HAS NOT HAD THERES TESTED TO SEE. I LEARNED IT IS MORE PROMINENT IN THE BOA COMMUNITY THAN ANYONE COULD IMAGINE. IF THEY THINK THEY ARE FINE THEN THAT IS THE PROBLEM.

DENNIS HULTMAN..ME EUTHENIZING MY BOAS IS NOT THE ANSWER, BECAUSE I AM ONLY 1 PERSON, AND YES I HAVE TO WHAT IS RIGHT AND I WILL BUT WHAT ABOUT THOSE THAT SAY MY SNAKES ARE FINE.

LIKE I SAID IN PREVIOUS POST, "NOT TRYING TO CAUSE CHAOS" BUT IF IT HAPPENED TO ME IT COULD BE ANYONE. IF I WAS TOLD NOT TO GO TO SHOWS BECAUSE I KNEW MY SNAKES HAD THE IBD, FINE, BUT IS SOMEONE THAT DOES NOT KNOW IF THEIRS DOES OR NOT HAVE IT ANY BETTER. THEY ARE WORSE THAN ME, THEY DONT CARE ENOUGH TO SPEND THE MONEY TO CHECK.

Old 10-18-2007, 04:51 PM   #76
Miss Tuniwha
Mike, I HAVE had a couple of my snakes tested.. and they came back negative. I took them in fairly recently to test for worms, so had a variety of blood work done while I was at it.

I am NOT avoiding the big problem. I am being HONEST. You do not seem to be properly reading my posts. I am sorry that this has happened, to you, and to many others.

MY POINT IS SIMPLE.. IF ANYONE finds this, then they should do everything to stop it where they can. BECAUSE we know so little about it, we need to be extra careful about it spreading.

THIS is why I was so aggrivated to see your thread. Not at first, because we can all understand the pain in the thought of putting down our "children" I only have a handful of snakes, and I would still die if I had to cull them all.

When I saw you ask about NOT putting them down, we mostly all suggested not to take the risk, as it is unfair to those around you. I did not get angry till you KEPT pushing that idea. You came across NOT caring about that risk.. You started claiming that larger people dont think it spreads easily, so no biggie.. But those are not proven Ideals.... if they were.. then it would be known. yet.. it is not.

THAT is where I had an issue.

I am very happy to hear that you are doing what is better for those around you, and putting a stop to the disease in your location, one way or another, but I am very sorry that you will lose them.

Old 10-18-2007, 04:52 PM   #77
mjcnj
SEAMUS GIVE ME YOUR FAX I WILL SEND THE TEST RESULTS I JUST GOT IN.

BASED ON THE WAY THE BALL WAS ACTING THE DOCTOR WAS SURE HE EITHER HAD IBD OR SOME SEVER NEURO PROBLEM SO WE EUTHENIZED ANYWAY. BUT BECAUSE OF THE INPUT FROM THE FORUM I HAD HIS BLOOD TESTED ANYWAY PRIOR TO THE NECROPSY OR MAYBE IN LIEU OF, WHY SPEND THE EXTRA MONEY IF THE BLOOD COMES BACK 80% POSITIVE. BUT I AM STUMPED NOW, THE BALL WAS NEGATIVE.

I AM CALLING BACK THE DOCTOR NOW

Old 10-18-2007, 04:56 PM   #78
Miss Tuniwha
Quote:
BUT I AM STUMPED NOW, THE BALL WAS NEGATIVE.

Hopefully then, He just had some sort of nerve damage, Hopefully the rest are fine..

At least now everyone knows where people stand on this site when it comes to IBD

Old 10-18-2007, 04:57 PM   #79
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:

BASED ON THE WAY THE BALL WAS ACTING THE DOCTOR WAS SURE HE EITHER HAD IBD OR SOME SEVER NEURO PROBLEM SO WE EUTHENIZED ANYWAY. BUT BECAUSE OF THE INPUT FROM THE FORUM I HAD HIS BLOOD TESTED ANYWAY PRIOR TO THE NECROPSY OR MAYBE IN LIEU OF, WHY SPEND THE EXTRA MONEY IF THE BLOOD COMES BACK 80% POSITIVE. BUT I AM STUMPED NOW, THE BALL WAS NEGATIVE.

The blood tests are not 100% accurate, and Liver Biopsies, i believe, are the only fool proof way to know for sure.

Old 10-18-2007, 04:58 PM   #80
Seamus Haley
Quote:
I do not have a fax machine. I have not had a fax machine in years. I could probably set up one of those internet email linked fax accounts, but it'd probably be just as easy for you to post things here.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!