Anery Pioneertown - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Rosy, Sand, Ground Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-30-2008, 03:04 PM   #1
Nanci
Anery Pioneertown

This is Noah, 2007 anery Pioneertown. He was bred by Mitch Allen, and I got him at Daytona this year.
Attached Images

Old 11-30-2008, 03:06 PM   #2
Nanci
I'd wanted a rosy for a couple years, but just couldn't decide on a locality. I took one look at Noah's blue eyes and it was love at first sight! I had to have him!
Attached Images

Old 11-30-2008, 03:09 PM   #3
Nanci
I have 20 snakes, but Noah is my first non-colubrid. He is sweet and gentle and never bites, as long as I put him in his feeding container before even thinking about thawing mice! He makes a great photo model.
Attached Images

Old 11-30-2008, 03:11 PM   #4
Nanci
Last picture, thanks for looking!!
Attached Images

Old 01-06-2009, 11:41 PM   #5
dumbluckjsoh
wow thats a killer snake. how much was he if you dont mind me asking?

Old 01-07-2009, 10:07 AM   #6
AncientDNA
Whoa!

Very Nice!
Very light compared to the two types of aneries I have.

I meant to post that back in Nov. but I forgot.

Old 01-07-2009, 11:05 AM   #7
Nanci
Thank you! I'm _really_ hoping to find a mate at Daytona. I know Sean Niland has normals, but I'd like at least a het anery, if I can't find a homo. And I have some question about Noah's sex- shouldn't I be able to see some indication of spurs by this age? I've even taken a close up and magged it on the computer and I see nothing...But if the breeder sexed him as male, that would be hard to mistake...

Old 01-07-2009, 11:30 AM   #8
AncientDNA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Thank you! I'm _really_ hoping to find a mate at Daytona. I know Sean Niland has normals, but I'd like at least a het anery, if I can't find a homo. And I have some question about Noah's sex- shouldn't I be able to see some indication of spurs by this age? I've even taken a close up and magged it on the computer and I see nothing...But if the breeder sexed him as male, that would be hard to mistake...
There was an adult pair of hets for sale at a show earlier in the year, but, unfortunately, the price was prohibitive for me...
I only sex mine visually, and it can be difficult, but no one has complained that I made a mistake...yet!
You should definitely see spurs, if it is a male. If there are none, it is a female...every time...IME.
Send me a vent closeup & I'll see what I can see.
-JC

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!