Freaky Trick - Try it, works quite well. - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Just For Laughs

Notices

Just For Laughs The SOLE purpose of this forum is to put a smile on the face of a person reading the messages. Anything of a SERIOUS nature will either be deleted or moved out of here.

Old 04-14-2003, 02:53 AM   #11
Uffern
I said squahs, which isn't even a vegetable, and a friend of mine said cauliflower...

Old 04-14-2003, 06:43 PM   #12
drizzt_19
My whole family flunked

My mom, step-dad, sister, little brother and me all answered with different veggies but not one of them was a carrot..Out of 8 friends only two said carrot...Is the statistics way off or is my town full of weirdo's...Of course I'm just one of many warped people in this world...

Old 04-15-2003, 12:10 PM   #13
MR_Jungle_Mist
I have no idea if the stats are true on this at all. I am just the messenger! I do know that it works quite well, though.

....I'm still kind of a taken aback by "Asparagus". That must be some kind of twisted mind.....

Old 04-15-2003, 12:33 PM   #14
Darin Chappell
Results from my office:

2 - Carrots
1 - Tomato (It's a fruit, DUH!)
2 - Squash (Squash?)
1 - Potato (???)

and, the weirdest one of all . . .

1 - Turnip!!!!

However, these were the results of the exercise in an insurance office. We all know insurance people are warped by definition (or else we'd all be telemarketers or something else useful), so this should only go to prove the validity of the exercise from a reverse perspective!

Old 04-15-2003, 12:55 PM   #15
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Talking

Broccoli

I don't know. First thing to come to mind was an Orange, but that wasn't a vegie, so I said broccoli.

Old 04-15-2003, 02:50 PM   #16
ophidius
lol...

I said broccoli too. My first thought was bannana

Old 04-15-2003, 04:36 PM   #17
Uffern
You know, the only thing this tells me, is that most of us need to go back to kindergarten and figure out the difference between fruits and vegetables (myself included). lol

Old 04-16-2003, 09:50 AM   #18
MR_Jungle_Mist
Darin, Darin, Darin.....

...now you've just messed up my whole Ozarks Water theory! I had everything worked out!

Ok, so the results are not as good as expected. I'll see if I can locate the original author of this and tell him/her his/her little trick doesn't work as well as he thought.

pfffffft!

Old 04-16-2003, 10:23 AM   #19
meretseger
Fruits and Vegetables

What people buying fruits in a grocery store and what botanists consider fruits are quite different. If you're cooking, tomatoes and eggplants are veggies, but if you're talking about them scientifically, they're fruits (berries, I believe). Technically anything with seeds is a fruit. So it's another one of those pointless arguements, I guess.

Erin B.

Old 09-25-2003, 12:01 AM   #20
sunshine
lol

squash here- but thats par for the course- i've never been normal lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!