Bad Guy LLL reptiles Escondido CA. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-19-2009, 09:04 PM   #1
boastonila
LLL reptiles Escondido CA.

I dont know why i even looked at their table at the Pasadena show this year, i was looking for a pair of jackson chameleons to add to my Panthers and veiled Breeding projects, i take a pair home from LLL only to watch my male wither away in less than a week. I emailed the store and wanted an explanation about selling unhealthy reptiles just to get a breif husbandry slap and that i should persue easier reptiles to care for in the future. The female is thriving and im looking for a healthy male for her at present.

Old 12-19-2009, 09:41 PM   #2
LLLReptile
Technically without posting your name the thread should be removed (and I also can't look up your specific situation). But regardless - we are MORE than happy to take care of someone with an issue that is not directly their fault (i.e. - the Jacksons are not in glass tanks, improper heat, light, etc). I have no idea of your specific situation yet, but I can promise you that nobody blew you off.. There must have been more of a reason that is not stated here. If you felt like you didn't get a good explanation, or would like to re-visit the issue again, I personally am happy to go over it again with you. If the husbandry is correct after you and I talk, I will personally take care of replacing the animal for you or giving you a store credit. Chameleons are difficult. One of the most difficult reptiles there are. And husbandry is KEY. So for the sake of the female you still have, contact me and let's figure it out to be sure. You can email me directly at VistaPetSupply@Gmail.com. We will always stand behind our animals as long as everything is good on your end. Thanks for your time.

Scott Wesley
LLLReptile & Supply
VistaPetSupply@Gmail.com (my email address)
Happy Holidays to the BOI

Old 12-19-2009, 09:52 PM   #3
hhmoore
[quote=LLLReptile;837502]Technically without posting your name the thread should be removed (and I also can't look up your specific situation).
His name is in his profile (to the left), he doesn't need to sign the post.

Old 12-19-2009, 11:13 PM   #4
Tony C
Take Scott up on his offer and I am sure you will be taken care of. While I've never ordered animals from LLL, they are my go-to source for supplies, and I have never received anything short of exemplary service when I have had to contact them.

Old 12-20-2009, 02:18 AM   #5
Mad4You2
Scott's always been a stand up guy with me. I do supply business with him frequently for my shop and any issue that I have had and reported to Scott has been dealt with promptly, professionally and to my total satisfaction. He has always been right on the money discussing husbandry, I'd definately call him and discuss it with him in person. He's very pleasant and a pleasure to deal with.

Angie Martin
Dragon Bytes, Incorporated

Old 12-20-2009, 06:12 PM   #6
boastonila
Hugo,

Thanks for emailing me back. A few things we are dealing with here before we get into details. First - the show was obviously over 6 weeks ago. I will do what I can, but understand it has been a while since the purchase. 2nd - you hand picked the male Jacksons out in person - something I didn't realize when I posted the response on the BOI. My fault, as I didn't read it well enough to see that you bought it at the show. You were able to inspect it, and be satisfied with him. As you said yourself, you are very experienced with chameleons. So - you have to realize that some of the responsibility does absolutely fall on you. It would be very different had the animal been shipped to you sight unseen. But at trade shows, when an animal leaves our hands, you can only imagine how some people set them up after the show. Especially chameleons. So we have a very strict guarantee when stuff is hand picked out at a trade show.

Having said all of that - can you forward me the email that you received from the girl at our warehouse so I can look over your email to her, and her response? At what point in time did you notify us that there was a problem (I imagine it was a while after the show).

The only thing that bothered me about your post was that you said you emailed asking why we sell unhealthy animals. The problem with that statement is it makes no sense. You can look at the Jacksons just as well as we can if you have been breeding for all those years. You see the same things we do. There is no magical trick to see internally into a chameleon to see what may be going on without doing a fecal on every single animal. Slight dehydration can be an easy fix. But Jacksons can go downhill quickly, as you saw, and are much more of a risk than Veileds or Panthers. They are tougher to breed, and tougher to care for. They are a risky purchase regardless of how they look. Much, much more so than a Panther or Veiled of the same size.

So, knowing all of this, let me know what you think would be an honest and fair solution, and we can go from there. Again, replacing it outright when it is hand picked most likely is not an option. You have seen us at plenty of shows through the years, and know that we are stand up people. Again, thanks for emailing back, and hopefully we can rectify the situation.

Cordially,
Scott Wesley
Vista Pet Supply / LLLReptile Wholesale
760-458-5593 - phone
760-520-7575 - fax

Old 12-20-2009, 06:13 PM   #7
boastonila
I asked your sales person id like a pair of jacksons he gave me a pair ,i didnt get to pick anyone of them out Scott, i TRUSTED you had healthy chameleons for sale not dehydrated nor sick. I attend every show in LA,ANAHEIM and SAN DIEGO, I emeailed you guys one week after the show if you dont beleive thats fine. I would just like to recieve a healthy male jackson chameleon like i tried to at the show that is all im asking.

Old 12-20-2009, 06:37 PM   #8
JordanAng420
I really hate to ask this...and please, please don't take offense. I mean no harm.

What is your husbandry like? Chameleons are, hands down, one of the most difficult, if not THE most difficult, reptile to care for properly. I'm sure you are aware of this. These animals are so sensitive to everything.

That being said, it's not clear when you first contacted LLLReptile about the problem. Here is an exerpt from their TOS on their website. I'm not sure if this is the same TOS they use when they sell animals at shows, but I would imagine it to be.

"LLLReptile & Supply guarantees our animals to be alive, healthy, and to your satisfaction upon arrival, and for 3 days after arrival (amphibians are a live arrival only guarantee). Notification of dissatisfaction must be made within 24 hours if you notice any problem upon arrival. If you have any questions or concerns, we expect you to call us first (we are open 7 days a week). We do not guarantee animals that are not signed for on the first delivery attempt. You must be there and sign for your animal delivery."

When you FIRST noticed the problem, did you contact and get in touch with LLLReptile? They have phone numbers also, and they answer 7 days a week. Regardless, it sounds like Scott is willing to work with you...as long as you're respectful and professional about the situation.

I don't think this really deserved a "Bad Guy" title.

Old 12-20-2009, 06:39 PM   #9
JordanAng420
You DID say he "withered away in a week" so why did you wait until the animal died?

Old 12-20-2009, 07:46 PM   #10
boastonila
Funny how they dont hand you a guarantee in writing at shows or have a written document posted up, i didnt know there was a website with all their guidelines i went to the show looking for a healthy pair of chameleons ,healthy forsale not maybe our animals are ill heck we dont know give it a try see how long they survive good bye. I keep and have kept every snake and lizard that is legally obtainable in the U.S., working in pet stores and breeding my self in my backyard i have been very happy caring for herps since 1987. I am pretty sure i know what i am doing with chameleons among other reptiles.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!