Regurgitation Help-Trying to throw-up, nothing coming out?? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-24-2011, 02:31 PM   #1
Elepheguttata007
Exclamation Regurgitation Help-Trying to throw-up, nothing coming out??

Hi, i caught my boa with his mouth open, trying to vomit this morning..but nothing but some juices and what looked like salavic-blood came out..I've never seen these behavior before..Is he ill? He's been eating, pooping, drinking, shedding, acting fine..but this worried me. :shrug: He finished soon after I caught him doing it, and went back to being his normal self..
Just looking for someone to help shed some light on the issue.
Thanks for reading.

Old 02-24-2011, 02:32 PM   #2
Elepheguttata007
Gah! I can't edit my :shrug: mistake.. >_<

Old 02-24-2011, 03:51 PM   #3
Snakesitter
Which snake, Nikki? You list several types of boa above.

Old 02-24-2011, 03:54 PM   #4
Matt2979
If he was only yawning, that would be one thing, but if any fluids were coming out of his mouth, especially blood, I would call the vet. Over the Internet any of us can "guess" at what happened, but a vet can tell you for sure.

I hope everything turns out ok for you!! I've just never heard of such an occurrence and I've had LOTS of snakes of the past couple of decades.

Old 02-24-2011, 04:03 PM   #5
Elepheguttata007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakesitter View Post
Which snake, Nikki? You list several types of boa above.
Oh, I apologize, it's the guyana.

Old 02-24-2011, 04:04 PM   #6
Elepheguttata007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2979 View Post
If he was only yawning, that would be one thing, but if any fluids were coming out of his mouth, especially blood, I would call the vet. Over the Internet any of us can "guess" at what happened, but a vet can tell you for sure.

I hope everything turns out ok for you!! I've just never heard of such an occurrence and I've had LOTS of snakes of the past couple of decades.
Ok..I hope he's alright Thank you.

Old 02-24-2011, 04:07 PM   #7
Matt2979
Were you able to see inside his mouth when it was open?? If so, was there a decent amount of fluid in there? I don't want to scare you over nothing, but I've never see a good scenario where any fluid came out of the mouth, UNLESS he had just taken a drink.

Old 02-24-2011, 04:08 PM   #8
Elepheguttata007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2979 View Post
Were you able to see inside his mouth when it was open?? If so, was there a decent amount of fluid in there? I don't want to scare you over nothing, but I've never see a good scenario where any fluid came out of the mouth, UNLESS he had just taken a drink.
Yes, there was a lot of fluid it was like a bunch os spit..sticky, red spit..

Old 02-24-2011, 04:15 PM   #9
AbsoluteApril
Time for the vet. Sounds like could be a bad RI?

Old 02-24-2011, 04:19 PM   #10
Elepheguttata007
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
Time for the vet. Sounds like could be a bad RI?
What's an RI?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!