Regurgitation Help-Trying to throw-up, nothing coming out?? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-24-2011, 10:25 PM   #21
Elepheguttata007
Thank you all! It was a confirmed RI, everything's fine, I told the vet all the info she needed..
Thanks again so much.

Old 02-24-2011, 11:12 PM   #22
crotalusadamanteus
Geeze. Sorry for trying to give a damn about your critter. Hope for the animals sake it was a competant "herp" vet and they didn't give you mammilian instructions like I got once.

Old 02-25-2011, 02:32 AM   #23
Elepheguttata007
Umm..Excuse me? I said thank you to everyone, and it was a herp vet..I don't feel it necessary to repeat everything again, when he's getting the help he needed....
No reason to get an attitude. I'm not gonna respond to any more rude comments.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:45 AM   #24
Matt2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elepheguttata007 View Post
Umm..Excuse me? I said thank you to everyone, and it was a herp vet..I don't feel it necessary to repeat everything again, when he's getting the help he needed....
No reason to get an attitude. I'm not gonna respond to any more rude comments.
With all due respect Nikki, you did come here asking for help, and you just blew off someone that I've seen, time and time again, give some of the best advice on these forums.

Normally we like to help each other, and that would include you keeping us posted on what medicines and advice the vet gave you for your boa. "Rude" would be you blowing off those that tried to help you.

Old 02-25-2011, 11:05 AM   #25
crotalusadamanteus
I get it now. You're from MO, and I didn't "show you". My bad. Allow me. (now that was rude. See the difference?)

This is what could happen when a vet gives you injection instructions like a mammal would receive. Hope you're up to the possibilities...

Thanks for the vote of confidence Matt. Some people just need to learn the hard way though. And she obviously knows so much about this stuff she had to come and ask if her snake was actually ill or not.

Anyway, not my problem. My animals aren't sick.

Old 02-25-2011, 12:14 PM   #26
Elepheguttata007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2979 View Post
With all due respect Nikki, you did come here asking for help, and you just blew off someone that I've seen, time and time again, give some of the best advice on these forums.

Normally we like to help each other, and that would include you keeping us posted on what medicines and advice the vet gave you for your boa. "Rude" would be you blowing off those that tried to help you.
I do apologize for that, I have been very busy and came here in a panic..but I realized it was not as bad as I thought, he just had a little "cold" I appreciate the concern, from everyone...I just don't have a lot of time to spend on here..was just looking for some quick answers because I've never encountered it before, I didn't mean for it to get personal..
I will know better the next time I ask for any help on this site. (not meaning that it a bad way, I'll just be more prepared to share all my information)
Thank you.

Old 02-25-2011, 12:19 PM   #27
Elepheguttata007
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
I get it now. You're from MO, and I didn't "show you". My bad. Allow me. (now that was rude. See the difference?)

This is what could happen when a vet gives you injection instructions like a mammal would receive. Hope you're up to the possibilities...

Thanks for the vote of confidence Matt. Some people just need to learn the hard way though. And she obviously knows so much about this stuff she had to come and ask if her snake was actually ill or not.

Anyway, not my problem. My animals aren't sick.
I don't know what your problem is..I took him to a referred herp vet, who treated him with oral injections..And I never said I knew everything, I came to this site first because I trust people's opinions on here..and this is what I get? I am not a confrontational person, and I hate it that you continue to bash me, when I've done nothing wrong..I have tried my best to show appreciation for everyone's input, and just haven't had the time to properly respond, and I tried to be polite and say thank you anyway...*sigh*...
Thanks for your concern..

Old 02-25-2011, 12:31 PM   #28
lylwhitetiger
Just curious, I've never heard of Oral injections. Can someone clue me in? Thanks.

Old 02-25-2011, 12:35 PM   #29
Elepheguttata007
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
No offense, but.."temps are fine" is hardly an answer that gives enough info for people to try and help you out. I've heard that answer many times, and when finally get an actual number from them, it turns out that temps were not "fine". Lets try it again.

What are the temps at?
About what level is the humidity at as far as % goes?
What do you use to measure them?
How do you heat the enclosure?
How long have you had the Boa?
Is this the only Boa you have?
What did the vet give you to inject?
What sort of instructions did they give you for injections?

(I ask the latter 2 questions, because I have been given bad instruction from vets that were not really as qualified with reptiles as they led me to believe, and their instructions led to damage from improper injection of certain meds)

Sorry for being direct, but when you ask for help, either from online sources, or a vet, accurate info is the key to getting the answers you might need, and your answer is very vague.

In my experience, if you are seeing bloody saliva, that is more indicative of pneumonia. That is about as advanced an URI as you can get. Not all snakes have one working lung, some have both functional lungs. But this is true of Boas, and only having one functional lung makes URI a very serious with Boas, and possibly a life threatening situation. I have lost a few in my time that I was told "no problem, give them this, and they'll be fine". Never assume with them, and always treat as if they are seriously ill, because in reality, they really are with advanced URI.

Good luck

Rick
I want to apologize for not having the time earlier to fully respond to the question and "blowing you off" which I did not intend, but apparently It's what I did (and I realize that), so I am sorry and I really appreciate you taking the time to help me.
To answer your questions:
Temps in the cage are basking:90s, ambient 80-82
Humidity is around %50-60
I use a humidity and temperature gage (2 in 1) centered in the enclosure.
I heat the enclosure using an under tank heater along with a red heat lamp.
I've had the boa for almost a year.
I have three boas.
The vet gave me Baytril (oral)
To give him 2oz a day.

Anything else, let me know.

Thanks again.

Old 02-25-2011, 12:36 PM   #30
Elepheguttata007
Quote:
Originally Posted by lylwhitetiger View Post
Just curious, I've never heard of Oral injections. Can someone clue me in? Thanks.
I think "injection" is turning out to be the wrong use of the word..It's not injected with a needle, but with a small tube into the mouth..I'm not sure what to call that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!