I wanna know about the Jungle. - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-12-2011, 03:46 PM   #41
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebill View Post
Steve that pattern looks like the candle holder from Beauty and the Beast cartoon with a big flame
It does...hadn't thought of that...

Old 05-12-2011, 06:30 PM   #42
Riyeko
Thought I would come in here and look around to see what a lot of the fellow boa owners were talking about and saw this thread.
The snakes in the last couple of pages look a lot like Eve.
Shes got the same type of head markings n whatnot, but the only thing is her coloring is like, gray and dark grey. Kind of anery in a way.

Do jungle boas have to have the tan look about them to be a jungle?
Im really new to this so everything interests me.

Old 05-12-2011, 07:22 PM   #43
crotalusadamanteus
I don't have anything higher the HS Biology, but how I described it, is how it was described to me yrs back, by someone who actually wrote a book on the subject.

I'll ask a couple people who I know work in genetics for a living, and see if maybe my memory is remembering wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm remembering right. I'll let you know via PM what I find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCCS View Post
Rick, I took a couple years of upper level biology. You're close, but not dead on. Simple dominant is where there is no true distinguishable difference between the heterozygous and homozygous forms of the gene, as in hypo. An incomplete dominant gene has the phenotypically evident difference between the heterozygous and homozygous forms, as in jungles, motleys, and aztecs.

Co-dominant is where two dominant morphs "co-exist", creating a different phenotype, as in a hypo jungle or any other combination.

Chris

PS, for you guys that are good at picking Jungles, what do you think of this guy?

Old 05-12-2011, 07:25 PM   #44
AbsoluteApril
where did you get 'eve'? What were her parents? the only way it's a jungle is if one of the parents is a jungle. Boas are quite variable. Not trying to rain on your parade, but well.. there you go.

the dashes in the head spear is quite common.

Neither of my jungles have the 'hole in the head' marking, here are some examples showing what I am talking about (links to pics since I don't own the pics)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3500/...e96401a718.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL160.../396587832.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_4VXrkZe4Wm...Jungle+boa.jpg

In supers, the back of the circle and head spear is missing a lot of the times, causing almost an arrow effect:

http://allboas.com/pictures/id282.425.16.jpg

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...1&d=1275530879

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/z...5/IMG_2988.jpg

http://exoticsbynature.com/ksf/11-29-06superjungle1.jpg

Old 05-12-2011, 07:30 PM   #45
AbsoluteApril
Rick - I'd say it's a possible jungle, especially based on the red tint in the eyes but I am assuming one of the parents is a jungle and you aren't trying to pull a fast one on me hahaha

Old 05-12-2011, 07:33 PM   #46
crotalusadamanteus
Moi? HA HA HA HA

Old 05-12-2011, 09:14 PM   #47
JCCS
Rick, sounds good, I'm not above learning. I'd bet money your salmon is a jungle.

Chris

Old 05-12-2011, 09:29 PM   #48
Riyeko
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
I dont rightly remember what her parents were, but I still have the lady's cell phone number, so Ill text her and reply here what the parents were.
Maybe shes a partial jungle I dont know. Looking back on some of her earlier pictures we took of her that showed her full body, some of these snakes here look like her. Shes even got the spot on her head in the patterning.
The only thing that gets me is her coloring. If youd like me to post some I shall do so.

I do know that IF we ever bred her to another snake, she might throw albinos and "clowns" whatever that means (i tried to search clown red tailed boas and got nothing so im not sure if she was talking out her rear end or not *shrug*).
Thats really the only thing that I remember about our conversation with the lady who sold her to us.
Although I wish I knew her name. She was a very nice person to meet and I want everyone to know that if they do business with her, that its good good good, i just dont have her name! lol

Old 05-12-2011, 10:24 PM   #49
bear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyeko View Post
I dont rightly remember what her parents were, but I still have the lady's cell phone number, so Ill text her and reply here what the parents were.
Maybe shes a partial jungle I dont know. Looking back on some of her earlier pictures we took of her that showed her full body, some of these snakes here look like her. Shes even got the spot on her head in the patterning.
The only thing that gets me is her coloring. If youd like me to post some I shall do so.

I do know that IF we ever bred her to another snake, she might throw albinos and "clowns" whatever that means (i tried to search clown red tailed boas and got nothing so im not sure if she was talking out her rear end or not *shrug*).
Thats really the only thing that I remember about our conversation with the lady who sold her to us.
Although I wish I knew her name. She was a very nice person to meet and I want everyone to know that if they do business with her, that its good good good, i just dont have her name! lol
Albino is a recessive gene, your boa would have to be het for albino and also have to be bred to an albino gene carrier to produce albinos. Clowns are a ball python morph and there is no "clown boa," I would say affirmative on the rear end talking on that one... And as stated before, a jungle must come from jungle parents, there is no partial jungle, its either jungle or not. Post some pics though and I'm sure you'll get some input on what your boa is.

Old 05-12-2011, 10:32 PM   #50
Riyeko
So I got the text back n everything.

Mother was a Motley and the dad was 66% positive for Albino.
So shes not a jungle, she just has good motley coloring.
Anyway, heres some pictures.
Shes beautiful and she gets a lot of attention.. shes spoiled!

Back view..

Head view...

Full Body View..

The thing that confused me i think was the markings on her head and the speckles.
Oh well my bad.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!