I wanna know about the Jungle. - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-12-2011, 10:33 PM   #51
Riyeko
Blast, can a mod delete that last picture >=(

Old 05-12-2011, 10:34 PM   #52
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCCS View Post
I'd bet money your salmon is a jungle.
Huh? Then what makes you unsure of mine being a jungle? Is it because of the reverse striping?

Old 05-12-2011, 10:35 PM   #53
bear
Well you seem to have a great looking normal that is slightly possible het albino. You never know though, she could very well prove out for you!

Old 05-12-2011, 10:47 PM   #54
Riyeko
I hope so too thanks.
We were thinking of waiting 3 1/2 years before we even tried to pair her with another boa, im hoping thats long enough.
Unless we just dont find the right male. XD

Old 05-12-2011, 10:53 PM   #55
bear
That is a pretty good estimate, breeding boas takes a lot of patience. It is best to wait until females are around 4 to start trying to pair them. I would like to see an accurate statistic on how many people who buy babies actually raise and produce with those babies... Stick with it, and no matter what the litter is worth, it'll all be worth it in the long run.

Old 05-12-2011, 10:56 PM   #56
Riyeko
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear View Post
That is a pretty good estimate, breeding boas takes a lot of patience. It is best to wait until females are around 4 to start trying to pair them. I would like to see an accurate statistic on how many people who buy babies actually raise and produce with those babies... Stick with it, and no matter what the litter is worth, it'll all be worth it in the long run.
Thats what we were thinking.
The lady we bought her from said to wait three, but.. eh I like to make sure theyre good and grown up.
*insert weird thought about teen pregnancy*

Anywho, I get really attached to my animals, and I talk to her all the time even though I know she cant hear... shes my pretty snake.
I dont think I would ever part with her. Ever!

Old 05-12-2011, 11:00 PM   #57
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear View Post
Very true. Boas should be grown slowly to have a long life and be a good breeder.
I would not be surprised if a lot of breeders power feed their boas to get them to size fast and then they turn around and drop dead on them at 5 years old.
Same goes with ball pythons. Too many people breed young males and females (tiny males at like 350 grams and small females at 1000 grams or less). Myself, I have not bred a male under 18 months old and 700 grams or a female under 3 years old and 1500 grams. Too many things to worry about if the animals are too young. Very small clutch, duds, chance of killing the female because of the toll egglaying takes on her, eggbound, or no copulations at all.

Old 05-13-2011, 06:46 AM   #58
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
I would not be surprised if a lot of breeders power feed their boas to get them to size fast and then they turn around and drop dead on them at 5 years old.
Wouldn't be surprised? HA HA HA Many of them have openly admitted it. Except for the dying young of course.

Old 05-13-2011, 07:24 AM   #59
Firebill
Richard, I don't know if i'm good at picking jungles, but i believe it could be a low expressive as it definitely has some jungle looking characteristics. Being it's a hypo though kind of tweeks it a little bit so it's a tough call.

Old 05-13-2011, 07:27 AM   #60
crotalusadamanteus
I got him as a Poss Jungle, DH for Lipstick Sunglow. One of his parents was a Poss Jungle that appeared to prove out.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!