how can i help my boa - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-02-2005, 06:26 PM   #91
monitorman85
yeah i know i didnt put it in the ad. a person emailed me and i told him about the condition of the boa wne i first got it and havent heard from him.do you guys think i should just hold on to him just to be safe cuz i dont want to put him in harms way.i just didnt want to take him with me but i guess thats better then shipping him.im going to fix the ad and just make it one boa sale instead so theres no chance of him dieing in the box on the way to someone else.he realy is in better shape eatting again and flicks his tongue like normal but shipping him would proble get him stressed and get sick again so i wll just keep him and maybe even breed him if i can get a female.sorry if your one thought i as trying to rip people off im not like that so i hope you all forgive me for my stupid mistake.

Old 12-02-2005, 06:37 PM   #92
crotalusadamanteus
That would probably be best. At the least, let it be known in your ad ALL the details up front.
You have to understand that a lot of people here and other places have been handling for a long time, and just plain know better than to believe a snake made this "miraculous recovery" from the shape you described not long ago.

IMO you may be setting yourself up for a bad reputation if you start out like that. (not disclosing everything) Best to just be up front and Honest about every detail.
And to be honest with you, it's probably best for the SNAKE that you do not start shipping it anyplace, when it is still not fully recovered, and probably still under some stress. You're asking for a relapse, and now it would be somebody elses problem. Not too cool.

Rick

Old 12-02-2005, 07:14 PM   #93
monitorman85
yeah it was dum of me to even try getting rid of the boa.i should have placed it in the ad but wasnt thinking.if you look at my ad now i took it off and have the 05 only.the 05 is in great shape except for the kink in the tail but i put that in the ad so no surprizes for him.i contact the person and told them that im not shipping the 04 boa cuz its proble not fully recoverd yet.i love that boa to death its my favorite one so i didnt want to realy get rid of it.any ideas on a good way to take it with me.i have a box and a pilow case and some styro but i dont have any heat packs.would that help to keep him from getting to stressed when i move him to my new house.

Old 12-02-2005, 07:26 PM   #94
crotalusadamanteus
Don't know how cold it is where you are at. Already been freezing here over night. But when I travel with My boa, I keep her in an Army laundry bag, on the seat with me, and make sure the cabin of the vehicle is warm enough.

How far are you moving? What mode of transport? A moving truck can be a rough ride. I'd put it in a vehicle besides that if you can.

Just My $0.025

Rick

Old 12-02-2005, 08:15 PM   #95
monitorman85
im moving about 5miles and were using a moving truck but my dad has a suburban so i will proble keep him up front with me where the heater is.i never thought of that thanks for bring it up.

Old 12-02-2005, 08:21 PM   #96
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by monitorman85
yeah it was dum of me to even try getting rid of the boa.i should have placed it in the ad but wasnt thinking.if you look at my ad now i took it off and have the 05 only.the 05 is in great shape except for the kink in the tail but i put that in the ad so no surprizes for him.i contact the person and told them that im not shipping the 04 boa cuz its proble not fully recoverd yet.i love that boa to death its my favorite one so i didnt want to realy get rid of it.any ideas on a good way to take it with me.i have a box and a pilow case and some styro but i dont have any heat packs.would that help to keep him from getting to stressed when i move him to my new house.
line the box with styro as if you were going to ship it - if you aren't sure, let me know...there are several threads on here with good instructions. How long a trip is it? In addition to trying to keep the vehicle warm, what I typically do is get a few of the heat packs from walmart to ease the chill...as a matter of fact, I was just seeing how many I have left (going to a show tomorrow, will need them for the trip home. I activate them when I go in)

Old 12-02-2005, 09:14 PM   #97
crotalusadamanteus
5 Miles? That's not far at all. I think it will do just fine in the cab with you. Remember to keep it warm. Like Harold says, a heat pack would help with styro lined box if it cannot be warmed enough with the vehicles heater.
Good luck,

Rick

Old 12-02-2005, 09:19 PM   #98
monitorman85
i didnt know wal-mart had heat packs.i got them from bigappleherp.com.if i knew walmart had them i owuld be getting them there.how much are they are they in the camping section.

Old 12-02-2005, 09:53 PM   #99
hhmoore
they are in the camping section. they're not very good for shipping in cold weather, but they do ok for short periods. if you pack her up good, it will make it easier on you since you won't be as rushed getting everything set up.

Old 12-02-2005, 09:55 PM   #100
hhmoore
they are about $2 for a package of 3 - get the 18 or 24 hr packs, the other ones are too small to be of much use. Ideally, activate them and put them in the box about an hour before you have to move her...that'll give it time to warm up a bit.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!