14 D. m rubidus eggs, and counting! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-04-2006, 10:59 PM   #1
epidemic
14 D. m rubidus eggs, and counting!

One of my female D. m rubidus deposited 14 good eggs today and the second female has been sitting in her nest box. Now, if the rest of my female Drys would follow suit, as all have recently completed pre-oviposition ecdysis...

Best regards,

Jeff

Old 03-06-2006, 09:31 PM   #2
keepergale
Thats great news. I'm sooo jealous.

Old 03-08-2006, 07:46 PM   #3
thesnakeman
Question Pre-lay shed

Jeff,
Congrats! I want one or two!! At least!!!

But first I have a Q for u,...

Is pre-lay ecdysis a hard and fast rule? How often do drys by-pass the pre-oviposition ecdysis, and deposit eggs anyway? If they do, what could be some probable causes, and effects of oviposition without going through a cycle of ecdysis first? And what about those which may complete ecdysis early on, during the first stages of gestation, instead of just prior to oviposition? Or do these types of things ever happen?

I say again,...IWANTONEORTWOATLEAST!!! Please?
T.
P.S. Did you know that the spell checker here does not recognize the word "ecdysis", or the word "oviposition"? Hmmm,...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!