FedEx Certification - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 02-04-2006, 01:06 PM   #1
ByRandom
FedEx Certification

I read the post made last year about becoming certified through FedEx and immediately thought "How Easy!" and "Why didn't I do this before!". Now that I'm actually trying to go through the process, it is very nerve racking.

My account number is about 4-5 days old. Every time I call 1-800-GOFEDEX, they are determined to talk me out of facts that I know. Example: That no one is certified to ship Harmess Reptiles through FedEx. So I guess you all are doing it illegally, seeing as not a soul in the United States is legally certified through FedEx to ship reptiles. I've gotten the oh-so-infamous Run Around from these people that it's not even funny. I think I've left the same message 10 times with 10 different offices, and not a soul has e-mailed me or called me back. Name, Rank, and Identification Number.

Now that I'm done ranting, anyone have any advice? Lol The link(s) in the prior thread no longer exist, otherwise I would have cut the middle-man (Rep) out of the picture and just sent them a box. The closest anyone has come to admitting that they ship reptiles was one individual who said "Yes, that's right, you have to be Authorized." But then I was transfered to another individual who said that they can't do it, period, no if's, and's, or but's.

Any advice?

Old 02-04-2006, 01:15 PM   #2
Mike Greathouse
Josh,
Here is the address where you will need to send the package:

FedEx Express Packaging Lab
2828 Business Park Drive
Bldg H Suite 500
Memphis, TN 38118
800-633-7019

However, you will need to get the paperwork from them first.
This includes the direstions for package submittal and the contract.

Here is the contact info for my rep:

Margaret Biscan
maggie.biscan@fedex.com

If she can't take care of your herself (you may have another rep already assigned to your account) I'm sure that she can point you in the right direction. She has proven herself to be very helpful.

Good luck

Old 02-04-2006, 01:29 PM   #3
ByRandom
Mike,

Thank you very much. I sent her out an e-mail and await her reply. I appreciate your help very, very much.

Old 02-04-2006, 01:29 PM   #4
PaulSage
Here's the link to the paperwork you need to send in with your package.

http://fedex.com/us/services/pdf/PKG...ion.pdf?link=4

I would include a cover letter of some sort clearly stating what you're hoping to accomplish. I'll see if I can find a copy of what I sent with the package and "packaging services application". Have them return your package (no charge to you) and they'll include the packaging approval paperwork. Once you figure out WHO your rep actually is, you'll need to fax it to them. I ended up having to fax mine 3-4 times I think while I got bounced from rep to rep.

If you're still having trouble on Monday with getting to talk with someone who can actually HELP you, you might want to try asking for Eugena Tribble. (I think that's what her first name was) She was the one (of 8 different people) who finally got the whip a crackin' for me.

Old 02-04-2006, 01:38 PM   #5
ByRandom
Man you guys rock. I should had just posted on Fauna instead of calling FedEx a thousand times. What was I thinking? I guess I should had known that people within FedEx have absolutely no idea about the things that FedEx does.

Old 02-04-2006, 01:47 PM   #6
PaulSage
Okay, the letter I sent with the test package must be on the old computer. Anyway, here's how I filled out the "Application" form:

Product Name: Live Harmless Reptiles Model No. N/A
Approx. Value: $50-1000 Product Weight 1-10 lbs
Description of product and accessories to be included...
Live Harmless Reptiles
Is this product a hazardous material? ___Yes _X_No

Where is this product being shipped? _X_U.S.
Are you currently experiencing damage? _X_No
What service is used to ship this product? _X_FedEx Express

I answered 'yes' to both a and b.

**even though I checked the box in #7 to have the results sent by email, they didn't do it.

I know it seems pretty self-explanatory, but I wasn't quite sure what to put where. I'm not saying that this is the right way to do it, I'm just saying that's how I did it... and it worked.

Old 02-04-2006, 01:52 PM   #7
ByRandom
Man Paul. Above and beyond would be fitting. I appreciate it. I hope I can repay you both sometime down the line.

Old 02-04-2006, 02:04 PM   #8
PaulSage
Josh, don't worry about it. It took a whopping 5 minutes of my time. lol I just wish there had been someone willing and able to answer MY questions when I was pulling my hair out for FIVE MONTHS trying to get mine taken care of! Besides, it's about time the "old" FedEx thread was condensed a little.

Old 02-04-2006, 08:09 PM   #9
hhmoore
Josh,
Your FedEx account rep can make this process happen for you (or not, as some people have experienced). If you have not spoken with YOUR rep (as opposed to the countless, random phone people that really don't care), that should be your priority. If you have, and have been getting the run around, ask for a new rep.
I had a tough time making initial contact with my rep, so I sent an email to:
Lenny Evansek
FedEx Account Executive
leonard.evansek@fedex.com
and he got things rolling - my rep called me that same day, and the process was underway.

Old 02-05-2006, 09:25 PM   #10
KathyLove
It's really easy...

once you get a particular rep who is willing to follow through and help. When I first signed up over a year ago, I just had to keep name dropping "just ask James Brown in the legal dept." and act like I knew they did this all the time. That made them believe me enough to keep trying until they figured it out. In any of those big companies, one hand doesn't know what the other is doing.

I am sure the previous posts will get you through with no trouble. But if you still have trouble, let me know (email or call me). My rep is GREAT! He said that even though he can only take on S. Florida clients, he will be happy to put others in touch with the right rep if they call him. He even calls me out of the blue every 3 months or so, just to ask if I need anything! I had used DHL exclusively for about 9 years, never had a rep the whole time, and certainly never had anyone call me to see if I needed anything.

I think you will be happy once you go through the process. Good luck!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!