The Deadline Looms - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 12-30-2006, 12:05 AM   #1
Scott Ashton
The Deadline Looms

I was debating posting this, but here goes:

Hello my friends.

Many of you know that I spent some time at Ground Zero on 9-12-01. What you may not know is that on 9-11 myself, and many other New Jersey EMS providers responded to assist in treating the injured.

The night before we left for Ground Zero the folks at The Salvation Army housed us in a shleter they set up at the Gymnasium of Rutgers Newark. They fed us and provided us with toiletries. But more than that they gave us their kindness and support.

I will never forget what the Salvation Army did for us that day.

Please join me in supporting this worthwhile cause.

Click on the link https://secure.salvationarmyusa.org/...px?SID=1281274 to go to my Red Kettle Page and make a secure donation.

Gifts to The Salvation Army Online Red Kettle campaign enable them to provide Christmas for people in need and help change lives in our community year round!

Old 12-30-2006, 12:07 AM   #2
Scott Ashton
Thumbs up

I also would like to acknowledge the contributions of the following from the Herp Community:

Felicia DiMuro
Laura Fopiano
David Giltner
Cheryl Marchek

Old 12-30-2006, 12:16 AM   #3
christopher66
Scott,
Thank you .

Old 12-30-2006, 01:42 AM   #4
DaveyFig
You're doing great work Scott. I hope you reach your goal. Let's fill that kettle ,guys.

Old 12-30-2006, 11:59 AM   #5
Scott Ashton
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher66
Scott,
Thank you .

Christopher:

Thank you for the sentiment, but no thanks are necessary. I was just doing my job.

The folks we all owe thanks to are all of the heroes that were lost that day while rescuing all they could. In particular the EMS community has been often overlooked in the media due largely to the tremendous losses sustained by FDNY (343 souls). The link below has a tribute to the EMS providers lost on 9-11.

http://www.defrance.org/wtc/ems_killed_wtc.htm

Old 12-30-2006, 06:40 PM   #6
christopher66
My wife worked in the Prudential building which was 1 block down.She was working that day.I couldn't get in contact with her for about 6 hours.We knew a couple people that have not been found as of yet.At the time we lived in Old Bridge.
Unfortunately it seems like yesterday.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!