Bad Guy Joe Castaneda - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-30-2017, 08:28 PM   #1
filenamex5100
Joe Castaneda

this guy is fraud and is attempting multiple chargebacks through his bank and paypal.

Joe Castaneda

XXXX Sw 21st St
Miami, FL 33145

woodrick391@gmail.com
redpit1984@gmail.com
(305)927-1994

on oct 12, 2017, joe contacted me via text message from a classified thread on facebook. he inquired about a few scorpions he was interested in, I gave him prices, all was well. he claimed paypal was giving him problems but would send payment when he could. as agreed, I invoiced him via paypal and soon that I canceled the invoice because he made payment on his own ($370). we were all set to ship. just prior to shipping (oct 16,2017), I texted joe and asked if he wanted to add a special group of scorpions to his order for $50. he agreed. I boxed up his original order plus the $50 add on's and told him that he needed to pay the $50 asap but I would go ahead and send them. a few hours later and after a video he texted me showing him stuck in traffic, he paid. all was well. he received his scorps, texted a picture of him holding my business card and we were good to go.

a few days later, oct 20, 2017, I shipped off his second order of scorpions that he just had to have. this order was $490. shipped them, he received, and sent me a video of him holding one DOA scorpion. I didn't question him at all. I told him that he would receive a $125 credit on his next order (per my terms). he was good with that.

now suddenly out of the blue on Nov, 29,2017 I get multiple emails from paypal stating:
"The buyer reported that someone made the order without their permission.Until this case is closed, we've also placed a hold on the transaction amount.
The buyer has filed a case with their financial institution for a payment of $50.00 you received on Oct 16, 2017."

there were multiple messages, each with the corresponding amounts to the above mentioned orders.

Joe knows what he is attempting to do. he is trying to get his money back ($910) and keep the scorpions as well by claiming someone purchased without his consent. with all the texts, pictures, videos, etc....this is, in my opinion, either buyers remorse or fraud.

just letting everyone know about this guy. id look out for him if I were you.

Old 11-30-2017, 08:35 PM   #2
April Homich
You probably want to post this here instead.
Insect and Arachnid BOI

Old 11-30-2017, 08:40 PM   #3
filenamex5100
I posted in both. thank you for the heads up

Old 12-01-2017, 10:48 PM   #4
tlmoon
I'm sorry to hear you're getting a hassle from this buyer and I hope that PP finds in your favor. Thanks for sharing though, you may have saved someone else going through the same shenanigans.

Old 12-01-2017, 10:58 PM   #5
filenamex5100
it seems every couple years someone attempts this with me. historically it has worked in my favor but only time will tell. ...he's just another name for the black list! hopefully someone finds this thread useful.

Old 12-13-2017, 04:44 PM   #6
filenamex5100
**Final update**

All 3 chargeback cases have been decided by paypal. I was awarded all three payments back after i submitted all evidence to them. That combined with the trackng information proved that i did infact ship his items on time to the address paypal provided (which allowed me seller protection).

Joe blocked my number so i am unable to communicate with him. Not that that matters but i did want to let him know that i am no longer going to honor the doa credit like i originally mentioned after having to deal with these issues and attempted fraud. I did send links from this thread to both of joe’s known email addresses so he is aware.

Attached is a screen shot from the final paypal decision. There is a email for each transaction but im only posting one to save time and space on the boards here. ....they are the same email with different prices anyway.

My advice still remains....avoid joe castaneda.
Attached Images

Old 12-13-2017, 04:54 PM   #7
JColt
Glad you got money. Guys like that need to be sent to jail.

Old 12-13-2017, 05:18 PM   #8
Lucille
Rowdy I'm so glad for you!

It appears in your first post that this person has several different email addresses, this is a good warning but I think he may well have a habit of changing his information around to avoid detection.

Old 12-13-2017, 05:45 PM   #9
filenamex5100
I agree he needs to be in jail. And i will take the time to continue to see if i can make that a reality.

I also agree he is likely a name changer. Hopefully others can be a bit more aware at a minimum. These people exist but as long as we do our part, perhaps we can slow them down a bit. This was just a minor setback and headache that i hope others can avoid with this scammer.

Old 12-14-2017, 12:14 AM   #10
tlmoon
Good news, glad to hear PP came through! I hope they have tied up HIS money now and I can't help but hope that really messes up his day.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!