What are the laws on shipping venomous snakes?! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Venomous Snakes

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 08:38 AM   #1
bladerbuddy69
What are the laws on shipping venomous snakes?!

I am soon to get a snake hook and I already have some people who will buy a rattlesnake from me if i catch one, but i don't know the laws on shipping them! someone please help! If you know the laws please email me at "bladerbuddy69@hotmail.com". thank you.
  Contact User Check User
Old 02-02-2005, 08:42 AM   #2
DAND
I believe only Delta and one other airline (which I don't remember which one it is) are approved shippers for venomous. It is illegal to ship venomous through USPS, UPS, DHL or FedEx.

Old 02-02-2005, 08:48 AM   #3
DAND
Also...

You may want to check your state and local laws about catching and selling native animals.

Old 02-02-2005, 08:58 AM   #4
CrittersWild
Hot snakes

Dont do it! Who are you selling to?, what are they doing with them?, Why do they want them?...you are totally responsible for anything that happens to that snake or person it bites.....What were to happen if they let that snake go in an area where there are not rattlesnakes? Crossbreeding could result as well as some kind of disease, infection, there are tons of examples of responsibility. And if you dont have a hook allready then maybe you should stay away from rattlesnakes to begin with. They are nothing like a corn bite. they are serious business.

Old 02-02-2005, 11:42 AM   #5
evansnakes
1) the animal must be shipped in a styro inside a WOOD crate that is well built and has metal fasteners to ensure it will hold.

2) the crate must be clearly marked on all sides and top "Live Venomous Reptiles"

3) the crate must be shipped via airfreight through a major commercial carrier: Delta, Northwest, American, etc.

4) all of the information of the buyer, the name, address and telephone number must be on the crate as well as on the airbill in case they are separated

5) the airbill must also say "live venomous reptiles" on it

Old 02-02-2005, 04:50 PM   #6
Amos
Question Does anyone know....

If you have to be verified to ship North West? I have heard conflicting reports and those people are impossible to get ahold of.

Trey Small

Old 02-03-2005, 12:38 AM   #7
Tim Cole
Warning! Georgetown, TX

There are a lot of reasons not to do this! Legalities are one of the factors.
Please contact me by phone or e-mail. I also live in Georgetown, TX!

Old 02-03-2005, 01:56 AM   #8
Paul Huang
NW Airlines

As far as I know, you still don't have to be a "known shipper" with Northwest Airlines but you still have to call and setup a shipping date at least 24 hours in advance. Their number to book the flight is 1-800-NW-CARGO I believe.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread