Pyxie Feeding Thread. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Amphibian Discussion Forum

Notices

Amphibian Discussion Forum General talk about amphibians of any type.

Old 07-21-2008, 03:16 AM   #1
Ed Clark
Pyxie Feeding Thread.

African Giant Pyxies will eat just about anything that moves in front of their big mouths, post a pic or 2 of your favorite feeding shots.

This is gonna be good!
Attached Images

Old 07-22-2008, 06:31 PM   #2
Ed Clark
This is Gump, hes a savage beast that will eat anything that moves.
Attached Images

Old 07-22-2008, 06:36 PM   #3
Ed Clark
It may be shocking for you to see a frog eating a snake.....its more shocking to me to see a snake eating a frog!
Attached Images

Old 07-23-2008, 07:41 AM   #4
Seamus Haley
Inappropriately sized rodents and a live ball python...

Ed, you're no better than that jackass kid who posted videos of his tegu "fighting" a rat. I've got no problem with feeding any given species to another IF- and this is the important part- it's the best possible choice as a prey species. The same goes for feeding live prey items, no objections when it's necessary but with a pyxie it simply isn't required nutritionally and it certainly it's required that a live python be tossed in as a prey item to battle it out so you can get your rocks off over the slow death of one animal to another.

Negligent ignorant crap. I'll leave you to figure out if I'm talking about the photos, the practice or you personally.

Old 07-23-2008, 03:05 PM   #5
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus Haley

Ed, you're no better than that jackass kid who posted videos of his tegu "fighting" a rat. I've got no problem with feeding any given species to another IF- and this is the important part- it's the best possible choice as a prey species. The same goes for feeding live prey items, no objections when it's necessary but with a pyxie it simply isn't required nutritionally and it certainly it's required that a live python be tossed in as a prey item to battle it out so you can get your rocks off over the slow death of one animal to another.

Negligent ignorant crap. I'll leave you to figure out if I'm talking about the photos, the practice or you personally.
I wont bother to respond to your post(shakes head).

One thing I will respond to is the way you speak to others, I wont tolerate you speaking to me like this in this forum.

Old 07-23-2008, 03:26 PM   #6
Otter_23
Do you really need this much attention Ed. Must have been really bugging you when no one replied to your avatar so much that you had to make a thread to point out your frog eats live ball pythons. It really doesn't matter to you if you get negative or positive attention does it? Just as long as it is attention. Please find a new forum to play on.

Old 07-23-2008, 03:28 PM   #7
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus Haley

Heres some feeding tips for you from a guy that has kept thousands of these frogs.

A staple diet of crickets, roaches and other insects make up the majority of a Giant African Pyxies diet. an ocassional lizard, rodent and a snake is part of a varied and healthy diet. maybe every 4-6 weeks is best with food items like rodents,snake or lizard. these are big frogs that eat alot of food.

Seamus, I would like to offer you any advice on these giant frogs that could help you understand them better.

btw, how many pyxies do you presently keep?
Attached Images

Old 07-23-2008, 03:34 PM   #8
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter_23
Do you really need this much attention Ed. Must have been really bugging you when no one replied to your avatar so much that you had to make a thread to point out your frog eats live ball pythons. It really doesn't matter to you if you get negative or positive attention does it? Just as long as it is attention. Please find a new forum to play on.
Mark, this is a personal attack on me.

Your attack will not be tolerated in any discussion forum here.

Old 07-23-2008, 04:59 PM   #9
Critterfarm
I for one enjoyed the pictures. I keep these frogs myself, and must say attitudes and reputations aside, Mr. Clark has amazing looking frogs as seen by his photos.

Never had the opportunity (good or bad) to feed a ball python to any of mine, but spiders, scorpions, and geckos are often on their menu. Big boys (and girls) need big meals.

I just wonder if a feeding pic of a hognose taking a spadefoot toad would elicit the same response. Somehow, I doubt it.

Old 07-23-2008, 05:24 PM   #10
Ed Clark
Its not very interesting showing a Pyxie eating a cricket or night crawler.....but a rare meal of something bigger is a very interesting pic to look at.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!