Bad Guy Chris Mossbarger - SCAMMER - THIEF - BAD GUY - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-31-2012, 07:14 PM   #11
dvangorp
When asking for additional pics, request that the pics are taken on a newspaper with the date shown. Amazing how many times the communication stops with such a request.

No quarantees that it is still not a scam but it does weed out the pic stealers.

Old 12-31-2012, 08:00 PM   #12
NIGRO51
Op: Did you file the claim with Paypal?

P.s. I notified him of the thread just in case.

Old 12-31-2012, 08:06 PM   #13
Serene Serpents
The second and fourth pic are not even the same animal. I have heard of this guy scamming several people, this is simply the first one being brought to attention on fauna that I know of. He is absolutely no good and I recommend everyone steer clear of him. I would open a ticket with paypal and get your money back asap. Even if he did end up shipping you the snake I am sure it would have issues of some kind, as that is just the kind of information I have heard about him.

Old 12-31-2012, 08:30 PM   #14
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Creek Reptiles View Post
I have heard of this guy scamming several people, this is simply the first one being brought to attention on fauna that I know of. He is absolutely no good and I recommend everyone steer clear of him. I would open a ticket with paypal and get your money back asap. Even if he did end up shipping you the snake I am sure it would have issues of some kind, as that is just the kind of information I have heard about him.
Please continue....after all, this is the BOI, and that qualifies as an anonymous third party quotation - from whom did you hear these things?

Old 12-31-2012, 09:24 PM   #15
Pink Lady Exotics
I can post the e-mails I received regarding the animal having a deformed lip if needed. Just difficult to do so from my BlackBerry as it has a lot of technical problems and often shuts my browser down when posting long posts. I never stated it as fact, just stated that multiple people informed me of that topic. I did post the links to where another person has claimed an issue with Chris, so that anyone can verify where I read it at. Poster was Ryan Lee, and I believe the thread has been hovering at the top of the group. I have talked to him about the situation as well. I also already notified Chris of this thread earlier today with no reply other than:

Quote:
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 23:14:10
To: <jennifer.harrison@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Cinnabee BP

alright if i dont hear from you in the next few hours im going to the next person thanks

Old 12-31-2012, 11:12 PM   #16
Serene Serpents
One of the individuals I am speaking of is named Ryan Lee. He had traded a couple of his snakes for an amp. Chris had told him it was in perfect working order. So when Ryan got it home it apparently did not work. He attempted to contact Chris to get his snakes back. I know it went on for quite some time and Ryan never got his snakes back. I will link Ryan to the conversation so he can go into further details about that scenario.

Old 01-01-2013, 06:39 AM   #17
Pink Lady Exotics
I also informed Ryan of this thread when it was first created, via text and FB. I don't know if he plans to post his story here or not, but this is what he posted in the thread he created on the "Bad Guys of the Reptile World!" Facebook group. I posted the mobile link to the group in another post above. This is the mobile address to the thread (sorry, all I can provide as I only access the internet from my phone until my laptop is fixed):

http://m.facebook.com/groups/4720878...oken_map.Array

Quote:
Ryan Lee > Bad Guys of the Reptile World!
This is for Chris Mossbarger. I recently traded him a proven male Spider and female normal for a guitar amp that doesn't even work. I am now asking Chris to return my snakes which he refuses to even acknowledge, won't return phone calls, texts, e-mails, nothing. So this is what I'm going to do Chris, in about 30 mins, I'm going to post the address and phone you gave me initially and invite all those whose despise lying scheming individuals like yourself to call and harass your family as much as they like in hopes of getting my snakes back. BTW, Chris is also trying to pass off my proven MALE as a proven FEMALE so if you're currently in deals with him, I'd tread lightly.
Oct 9, 2012 near Gilbert, AZ·Like·Unfollow Post·Report
Then Ryan posted these comments below the main entry shortly afterward:

Quote:
Ryan Lee
The cell phone number he gave me. 480-516-9708 (Havent been able to get ahold of him on it)
Oct 9, 2012·Like
Quote:
Ryan Lee
The number I originally talked to him on. 480-855-7884 (Its a house number, the girl who answers it told me that Chris moved to a new house but when i came over to get the amp that was the one he told me to call him on. Now they always tell me he's not there.)
Oct 9, 2012·Like
The number ending in 7884 is the SAME one Chris himself gave me to contact him on on Sunday the 30th when he wanted to sell me the Cinnabee, so obviously he does still live there and/or use that number, and whomever is telling Ryan otherwise is lying.

There are 90+ comments on Ryan's thread, but what I gather from some made from Ryan and a fellow named John Gibeau is that they both physically went to Chris' house that same night he posted that thread (October 9th, 2012), and Chris would not return the snakes or fix the problem. John's next follow up was this comment:

**WARNING: Foul Language Used. I did not edit this content other than to remove the specific street number of the accused (Chris Mossbarger) as I don't feel it should be made public here unless absolutely required. I left the rest of the content as-is from the original poster.**

Quote:
John Gibeau
This guy is an ABSOLUTE DOUCHEBAG!!! I went so far as to offer him 2 bearded dragons and a tank with lights, just to try and get Ryan's snakes back for him - Nothing. He then trades the Ball Python to Shea Graham for a pair of young carpet pythons. Those carpets showed up on Craig's List a day or two later.

Being a Jobber/Flipper/Reseller is absolutely fine, and there is nothing wrong with it. Ripping off kids and misrepresenting stuff you are selling so that you can get another shitty looking tat or pop another shit machine out of your whore is a WHOLE separate matter.

So, for anybody who wants to make sure that you are NOT dealing with this fucker, let's make it easy - Here is his address: [***] E Ray Rd, Chandler AZ, 85225

Phone numbers - 480-516-9708

480-855-7884

He seems to at least have the savvy to not post on Facebook where any of us can see his ass, but be sure you search those phone numbers on Craig's List, before you go buy anything. This shit bag needs to be shut down and sent back to the projects with his head wiggle beer gut cunt and her filthy scumbag mom.
Nov 21, 2012·Edited·Like·2
As of my direct text conversations with Ryan while I was communicating with Chris on the 30th, he still had not gotten his snakes back or any compensation, and had not gotten any answers/replies to his repeated contacts. Which makes it going on 3 months since Chris screwed him over and hasn't done anything about it.

Also, in relation to what John Gibeau wrote about Chris getting 2 carpet pythons in trade for Ryan's ball pythons, this was the reply I got from Chris via e-mail when I asked if he had anything else for sale (trying to see if he still had Ryan's snakes):

Quote:
On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 3:46 PM, chris mossbarger <mossbargerchris@gmail.com> wrote:

i do have a costal stripe carpet python pair
babys there nice snakes and a female leopard gecko
So he apparently still has those 2 carpets, thus it looks like he did trade off Ryan's snakes as John said.

Not only is this guy a liar, scammer, and thief, but he's also apparently a flipper and a revolving door of reptiles, with apparently very little (if any at all) quarantine if they're selling and trading in and out within a matter of weeks.

Old 01-01-2013, 06:44 AM   #18
Pink Lady Exotics
Regarding the phone number that Ryan was being told he would be "unable to reach" Chris and I said it was the same one Chris gave me to call him -- this is the e-mail Chris had sent me, and it also shows where he wanted to meet up with me to sell me the Cinnabee that Stephen had already paid for and was supposed to have received:

Quote:
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 22:31:35
To: <jennifer.harrison@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Cinnabee BP

yeah no worries im in chandler just let me know and fiesta mall or somewhere public i have a number its 4808557884 just give me a call

Old 01-01-2013, 07:24 PM   #19
RichsBallPythons
Its not hard to find his address since it is public record. Mine as well post it as someone who fees like looking him up will find the address in matter of mins.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:38 PM   #20
RobNJ
Like others have said, you paid, no snake, not even a tracking #...file a claim with PayPal and you'll be fine. I'm just wondering if either of the following raised any flags...

1) $150 for a proven male Cinnabee

2) it was a CL ad offering to ship

Either one of those would've been enough for me to look the other way. I hate it as much as the next to see people stealing, but this is what happens when people go "deal chasing". In any event, at least you shouldn't be out any money.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!